Need Your Opinions.. To have dinner with inquiring minds or not??

by Lady Liberty 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Lady,

Sounds like you are dealing with Pod People for sure. See if you can see their reflection in a mirror.

• Flash
    Flash
    ...Or rather should we not give them what they are looking for and simply say we do not wish to discuss religion?

I go with this one. It will be absolute torcher for them if at every attempt you deny them any information. hehehe

• okie46
    okie46

NO Don't Go!! Definitely a setup and it is not worth the emotional pain you will go through all over again when they turn you guys in. Why put yourself through this, when they spread rumors of you being bad association???
    Witness's will stop at nothing to get information on you to use against you when you try to fade. The brothers in my congregation would ask my son who was 20 at the time questions about what I was doing since I had not been to meetings for almost a year after divorcing my abusive witness husband (not the kid's dad, the man I married after husband #1 and I split). They then used this innocent information to form a witch hunt to try and form a JC against me. I told them that I was no longer claiming to be of Jehovah's Witnesses and no longer went to meetings, so they didn't need to do anything, nor did they have any right to know my business. They then decided they were going to disfellowship me if I didn't write them a letter disassociating myself because I was dating after my divorce was final. They will use anything they can find on you to publicly humiliate you and you don't deserve that treatment from anyone.

• ronin1
    ronin1

I have not read anyone else' response to your post yet.

However, my gut inclination is to suggest you do not have dinner with them.

I agree with you, it is clearly a set-up.

Ronin1

• Gregor
    Gregor

I agree with flash, you should torcher them.

• sspo
    sspo

I would go

Don't fall into the trap or say anything against the watchtower or its teachings or your findings.

If they ask anything remind them you do not want to talk about it and if they have any particular question they can find the answer on the internet.

Remember,if they are working for the elders. anything you say negative against the organization it's almost automatic df since you got 2 witnesses testifying against you

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Good morning everyone, and "Happy Sunday"!!

I promised I would keep you all posted. Well, late yesterday afternoon we decided to go to the 'Parade of Homes' that is held yearly in our area. We had such a good time the afternoon and early evening passed quickly. We were all hungry, so around 6:00 pm we decided to go to dinner. We were sitting there, and all of the sudden I started laughing. My daughter and husband said, "What's so funny?" I told them I forgot we were supposed to call ---------, to tell them if were could go to dinner or not. I had totally forgotten about it!! Worried that I would find a message on my home phone, there was nothing! YEA!!!!!! I can honestly say I forgot!! So... the day passed and we didn't have to face them. We really didn't want to go because I think after a couple needed drinks (to just get comfortable to be around them), it would be ALOT harder to not say anything that would get us in trouble. Thank you all for your advise! I think it really helped confirm to me I was not being overly suspicious, because you all confirmed my feelings! Again, I read ALL your replys, and thank you for taking the time to reply!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Reprieve for a day anyway...they will be back. JWs love catching each other " ridin dirty" as my son's music says...they love drama.

I say go to dinner with them in a public place. Then you can leave whenever the fire gets turned up or they start changing the subject to personal spiritual things. If they do...then you can say, "Wow I thought you asked us out to dinner because we are FRIENDS not to interrogate us. Gosh...look at the time. Thanks for the invite...SEEYA."

Then you will have fulfilled their invite, not hidden, and not tipped your hand either. Its none of their damn business what you do or think anyway. What are they police? Especially since you ARENT in the congregation spreading and disseminating anything. Did you interrogate people every time you have dinner with them when you were a JW? Hell no...and they dont have the right to either.

Eventually you will probably just DA to get rid of having to look over your shoulder and panic every time the phone rings or anybody comes to the door you know? I mean...its a relief.

loves

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Her husband again in the background, reiterated their desire to have dinner.

That detail clinches it in my mind - this is a total set-up.

If you do decide to go, I think the toughest questions to dodge are going to be the meeting attendance ones.

Edited to add: Sorry, I posted this before I saw your most recent update. Sounds like you're off the hook for a little while at least, good deal! My theory is, is that if you can dodge, bluff, lie, whatever for long enough, that they'll grow weary of the chase and let it go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit