World of Warcraft

by saki2fifty 29 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Ha Ha Arrow

I thought I was the only middle-aged woman (43) who loved computer games! It's nice to see someone older than me who is a gamer. When the original War Craft games came out I wouldn't let my son play them because they had demons and stuff (I was a good JW mom), but I secretly stayed up till dawn every night until I beat every level. I was so addicted! My son caught me one night when he was going pee and so I had to let him play too. What a big hypocrite, eh?

I have never got into the on-line version though. You guys are almost talking me into it. How fast of a computer do you need to play decently?

Cog

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

COG!!

Come join us! I'm on the Skywall server. Let's see if some of the nerds out here can answer that question. Our Main Tank (MT) has a pretty slow computer and he plays. I would recommend not using dial-up that's for sure.

I just looked and this computer has a Pentium4 2.66GHz with 640MB of RAM

Lisa

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Thanks for the invite Arrow!

Dial-up! ha ha what's that? I do have high speed cable and a 3 year old Dell hand me down computer from my son. He sold it to me because it was too slow for all the really good games, he says. He is a major gamer with some sort of dual hard drive on his system. I'm sure mine is a least 2 gigs and 800 ram but it could be more. I don't really pay attention to that. He is my evil electronic genius so I just buy what he tells me to and then promptly forget all the specs of what I have let myself be talked into. I'm sort of at his mercy now. Anyway, it sounds like I have enough power to play. I just have to get World of Warcraft now. I'm supposed to be job-hunting. I think this may help in my procrastination strategy immensly!

Cog

• saki2fifty
    saki2fifty

Cool... I put this post up, and thought I wouldn't get any responses. I've been out for most of the day and just got back.. its late, but thought I'd check. Yeah, I'm a big gamer, especially the whole MMORPG genre. Used to be a HUGE Shadowbane player, a very hardcore PvP game that me and some guys up at work play days on end for almost 2 years. Then WoW came out, and our whole guild couldn't wait for it (approx. 300 of us), then it came around but unfortunately the PvP was very weak. However, graphics are tops, environment is huge, great PvE, and the communities are enormous. We played it for a good while, got our chars up to about lvl 50 (2 accounts - easy PL'ing, so 8 chars I think..) and then quit after about a years worth. My main was a gnome rogue. Frenetic, Sakki, Zukki, were the most played Alias'.

Its a great game, and there is way more to it than just going out and killing monsters.... its definatley not your typical Nintendo game. Its more of a lifestyle... be prepared to give up reality! The best thing about MMORPG'S, is that you are playing against realy people, thousands of them. And you can even go house to house, knock on doors, and wont get yelled at! You wont know how engrossing this game can be until you actually play it... all MMO's for that matter.

Haven't played in a while, but was thinking about starting it up again this weekend.

As far as pc specs, more important than your processor speed, is your graphics card. I wont go into what makes a good graphics card, but that is number one when it comes to 3D games such as this one...

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

3D? I am in major trouble now! 3D makes me so sick. It gives me a raging headache and makes me nauseous. I have had this problem with every 3d game I have ever tried to play. Also 3d movies. So, I guess I'm out. Is that weird, or is it a common problem?

Cog

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

it's a 3D graphics card...and did you see the screenshot I posted? You can change the perspective but you can have it as your point of view. If you're running down the road or charging a baddie ...you are looking ahead. Now, after you kill the baddie and you want to make sure there is no baddie behind you...you just turn around....

You can download a 10day trial version. There will be some things you can't do (like trade loot) and just see if you like it and if it works for you. If you can and do....come to Skywall....I can get you in a nice guild....

oh and speaking of .... we raided MC this evening/morning. Dropped Mag, Luci, Ghennas, and Garr. And gues who got not one but TWO epics in the loot drops this evening.

oh yeah baby...ME!!!

I have FIVE purple pieces!

Lisa

• ackack
    ackack

Arrowstar, what did you get? I dropped in for a couple of minutes tonite, and my guild needed a healer for Hakkar, so I went and did him tonite.

5 purples? nice. I have umm.. more than that, but I still have some real junk that I'm wearing that I desperately need replaced, so it makes up for my other good gear. My chest piece is still green :( I just wish Golemagg would drop my Cenarion Vestaments when I'm there... he is a bit of a jerk.

Funny how when a boss is on "farming" status, sometimes you can get killed pretty easy by them. A funny story, we did MC last week, and had ONE wipe.. just one ... on, and I'm ashamed to admit this, Golemagg. Funny, but still, it was our first time clearing MC in one night I think :)

As far as 3d effects and sickness, I can't see how world of warcraft would induce any sort of illness in anybody. Its not a "fast" game with uber-realistic graphics. The graphics aren't really the point. There is a trial on-line, so I would suggest trying it out and seeing how it runs on our machine.

ackack

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

I have ...

Bracers of Might (got this evening)

Leggings of Might (got Thursday)

then there is a trinket and a ring....both of which I can't remember the names as it's 4:30am and I need sleep

Cog...that's two mentions of the free trial.

www.worldofwarcraft.com

check it out and come play with us!!

Lisa

• saki2fifty
    saki2fifty

Cignizant D: 3D? I am in major trouble now! 3D makes me so sick. It gives me a raging headache and makes me nauseous. I have had this problem with every 3d game I have ever tried to play. Also 3d movies. So, I guess I'm out. Is that weird, or is it a common problem? But its a 3D game that is totally worth it. You'll be amazed at how easily you will be sucked in and how lifelike it becomes after playing. arrowstar: both of which I can't remember the names as it's 4:30am and I need sleep Ha...

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

saki - c'mon hon...get back in the game. Find out which server you're on or, hell, just roll a new toon on Skywall.

We'll have some fun.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit