World of Warcraft

by saki2fifty 29 Replies latest jw friends

• saki2fifty
    saki2fifty

I spent about 4 hours last night reading... spent about 2 or 3 hours this morning reading... and reading.. and reading...

Time for a change of pace... anyone up for some WoW?

• anewme
    anewme

Please Saki, explain to me what is so fascinating about that game? Why are men and women so addicted to it?

Am I not a game person? Or am I not aggressive enough? I would appreciate some info because I have two relatives that are hooked. When you visit them World of Warcraft is all they do. The whole visit is looking at the back of their heads as they sit at their dual computer desk and play for hours. "Help yourself to the kitchen!" they cry. Or "Go ahead and choose a movie." Or "Goodnight, we'll be up a few more hours. See you in the morning."

I have observed their journey through the danger filled forests and into dark demon filled dungeons and castle interiors. Ive seen their foes attack them from behind a tree or bush. They always kill it. (duh)
    I just dont see the challenge.

I know there must be more to it. These are very bright people who are hooked on it. Please explain. Thanks.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

While you were reading, I was playing WoW.

Friday night is Onyxia raid night. Well, for those that play, I'm here to tell you that it is bugged. Not one. Not two. Not three. But, FIVE Deep Breaths during one encounter..

Can you say....wipe?

Here's a screenshot of us downing Ony in about 20mins last week. If you look REALLY hard, I'm the dead body on the left.

Last night, she ate our lunch each and every time.

What server are you on?

I'm a lvl60 NE Prot Warrior, Core Raid Crew member of Mad Hatter's Tea Party Guild

Yep, I'm a tank.

Remember, real women wear epics.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

The "challenge" depends on whether you're playing PbE or PvP. Player vs Environment or Player vs Player.

In the game you are given quests (some that are class specific such as warrior or druid), that take you to new areas of the world or teach you new skills or give you better gear, etc.

Some you can solo and some you need a buddy. Then as you get higher, there are some that need a party which is a five man group. Now, the challenge is to get five people working together using their specific skill set working together to achieve a common goal. It ain't easy. You need a tank, some DPS and a healer.

Now, as you get higher in level (there are 60 lvls currently), you can do quests that will get "keyed" or "attunetune" for the end game raids which are 20 and 40 man raids.

So...the 5 man parties are now 40 man raids. Strategy and skill become even more important now, because if you screw up, you now have the potential to cause the "deaths" of some 40 people.

Now, how in the world do 40 people get together at the same time for such a thing? Well, this was a "guild" run. I'm in a guild with over 200 members worldwide. Think of it as our version of JWD. We have a discussion board. We have guild chat in the game and we use an audio chat modification (mod) during the raids. Let me tell you, there's some funny stuff out there.

Just like here, you build online friendships. Guildies help each other. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten to a stopping place and either just can't find the part of the quest I need or I'm trying to complete a quest and keep getting killed....and all I have to do is ask a question in guild chat (/g) or say in gchat "oh look....once again, I'm a lovely corpse....stupid timbermaw!!" and someone will come a'runnin'. After they stop laughing, of course. It's become a runnin' joke about how Vargastar (my toon) makes such a lovely corpse. I'll die in a raid (the girl needs better gear...and I'm getting it piece by piece) and you can hear me say in TeamSpeak (audio chat)..."oh lookie...I'm eating dirt....AGAIN"

As for the friends who you were visiting that wouldn't leave the game while you were there? Well, that's just plain rude. RL> WoW...always

<3 y'all

Vargastar aka Arrowstar

• ackack
    ackack

Arrowstar, I imagine you need to get more dmg on Onyxia to bring her down. The other day, in an encounter that went badly, we got six deep breaths.

While you were busy getting pwned by Onyxia, we beat Rag (for the third time). Good times! ;)

What server is everyone on? I'm on Thunderlord, 60 NE Druid.

ackack

• vitty
    vitty

Oh my god, there is nothing more of a turn off than my hubby pretending to be a bloody German or American solider on an online game "Day of Defeat" you are all sad , sad , sad

• vitty
    vitty

I just asked my son if he had heard of war of warcraft..................he got very excited and told me hes gonna get it soon . He said it was a bit like rise of nations which is full of goblins and stuff...................and he berates me for spending so much time here talking about the crappy JWs.............

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Saki,your a Gamer!!..Me too..I played the old PS2 versions but haven`t played the PC version..My son says it Rocks! I have to get a new computer to play the new PC games..My old dinosaur just won`t handle it..LOL!...OUTLAW

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    I just asked my son if he had heard of war of warcraft..................he got very excited and told me hes gonna get it soon . He said it was a bit like rise of nations which is full of goblins and stuff...................and he berates me for spending so much time here talking about the crappy JWs.............

that'll teach ya to make fun of WoW...

I'm on the Skywall server. We're doing MC tonight. And yes, we needed more DPS that's for dayum sure....but we've had Ony on farm status and then we hit this roadblock last night. I can't tell you how many soulstones were placed on me. I was to get my sword last night.

yep that's

Quel'Serrar
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Main HandSword
    84 - 126 DamageSpeed 2.00
    (52.5 damage per second)
    +12 Stamina
    Classes: Warrior Paladin
    Requires Level 60
    Chance On Hit: When active, grants the wielder 13 defense and 300 armor for 10 seconds.
    "The High Blade"
  • arrowstar
    arrowstar

Outlaw!!

Get your butt a new computer and come join us!! Hell, I can think of three people from this board that are on the Skywall server that play WoW besides me.

C'mon, hon!!

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit