My Own Apostate Pamphlett

by Morocco 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Morocco
    Morocco

Okay, here is the very first thing I've written striking back at the Watchtower. In no way do I claim to be a scholar or professional, just a jaded fool. Please criticize it, praise it, tear it apart... let me know what you honestly think!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Apocolypse When?

Watchtower 1972 April 1 p.197
    They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them

People today can view the creative works. They have at hand the Bible, but it is little read or understood. So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?

IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"

These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? ... This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses. ... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record.

Copyright © Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. All rights reserved. (Emphasis Added)

From The Record of the Jehovah's Witnesses:

The Time Is at Hand (SS-2), 1907 ed., p. 101

…The ‘battle of the great day of God Almighty’ (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth’s present rulership, is already commenced…

The Watchtower Reprints, May 1, 1918, p. 6243

...That the harvest began in 1878, there is ample and convincing proof. The end of the harvest is due in the spring of 1918....

Awake! 1995 June 22 Can You Trust God's Promises?

Bible Students, known since 1931 as Jehovah's Witnesses, also expected that the year 1925 would see the fulfillment of marvelous Bible prophecies. They surmised that at that time the earthly resurrection would begin, bringing back faithful men of old, such as Abraham, David, and Daniel...

Watchtower 1966 October 15 Rejoicing over "God's Sons of Liberty" Spiritual Feast

...It did not take the brothers very long to find the chart beginning on page 31, showing that 6,000 years of man's existence end in 1975. Discussion of 1975 overshadowed about everything else. "The new book compels us to realize that Armageddon is, in fact, very close indeed," said a conventioner. Surely it was one of the outstanding blessings to be carried home!

Copyright © Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. All rights reserved. (Emphasis Added)

1914, 1918, 1925 and 1975 have come and gone without the apocalypse as foretold by the modern day prophet group Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Speculation of this end time is not only scripturally unsound, but the knowledge of it was forbidden even to the people closest to Jesus.

Acts 1:6-7 So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.”

In the midst of the embarrassment of a failed prediction the Watchtower changed their understanding of the year 1914 changed from being the Apocalypse it once was to being the “invisible” Second Coming of Christ that was supposed to have already happened in 1840, 1872, 1874, and 1878.
    Supposedly Christ's heavenly kingdom has, as understood today, been ruling since 1914 and is utilizing the Jehovah's Witnesses as an organizational power to harvest, or separate, the wicked from the good by means of preaching. This preaching work will last a short time and will be carried out by a door-to-door ministry activity. The year 1914 is now the year that marks the date of the beginning of the end for false religion and human governmental power. The year 1914 as the Second Coming of Christ now replaces the previous and numerous dates 1840 through 1878.

Not only has their original prophecy of Armageddon coming in 1914 failed and later changed into something else, but their current explanation of why Christ's Second Coming occurred in 1914 is also a deliberate and intentional misuse of the scriptures. The manipulations of the scriptures to achieve the numerous other dates that were supposed to contain Armageddon are nothing short of magic tricks and biblically wrong. Yet in the light of multiple failed prophecies they continued to provide their followers the math to speculate on an estimated date, without actually saying the date, and still continue to use the idea that Armageddon is just around the corner as scare tactics to stir complacent members and gain new scripturally ignorant ones.

From Jehovah’s Witness 1993 Brochure: Is There a Purpose To Life?
    God's Purpose Soon to Be Realized
    How Close Are We?

How long a time period would these last days prove to be? Jesus said regarding the era that would experience the "beginning of pangs of distress" from 1914 onward: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." (Matthew 24:8, 34-36) Thus, all the features of the last days must take place within the lifetime of one generation, the generation of 1914. So some people who were alive in 1914 will still be alive when this system comes to its end. That generation of people is now very advanced in years, indicating that there is not much time left before God brings this present system of things to an end.

According to The Watchtower Armageddon's presence can be measured in years and it is before the generation who saw 1914 dies that Jehovah God will destroy everyone who is not associated with his chosen people who are known throughout the world as Jehovah’s Witnesses. “This generation” Jesus said would experience the signs of the times, arbitrarily applied to 1914, is 92 years old if they were 0 years old in 1914. The average life span is 75 years. The followers were left with the idea that Armageddon was coming within years as they have done so many times before.

Finally, the idea of “this generation” not passing away until the end comes continued until November 1, 1995 when the Watchtower published a magazine that changed this long held teaching the same way they change every teaching, by lying. Now their explanation of “this generation” is that it belongs to some future generation and not to 1914. They have, and provide, no Biblical explanation and no proof that the end is coming soon except their own word... and we have seen how reliable that is.

Watchtower November 1, 1995
    ...15 Does our more precise viewpoint on “this generation” mean that Armageddon is further away than we had thought? Not at all! Though we at no time have known the “day and hour,” Jehovah God has always known it, and he does not change. (Malachi 3:6) Obviously, the world is sinking further and further toward terminal ruination. The need to keep awake is more critical than it has ever been. Jehovah has revealed to us “the things that must shortly take place,” and we should respond with an absorbing sense of urgency.—Revelation 1:1; 11:18; 16:14, 16.
    16 As the time approaches, keep awake, for Jehovah is about to bring calamity on all of Satan’s system! (Jeremiah 25:29-31)...

2 Corinthians 13:5 “Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

Would You Welcome a Conversation? [email protected]
    By Thomas Grey

Biblical Quotes From The New International Version Bible
    All Watchtower Bible and Tract Society Quotes are in boxes and are © Copyright Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania and can be verified. They are used under the “Fair Use” principals of journalism. I am not affiliated with Jehovah’s Witnesses or The Watchtower Society

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Good stuff! You should keep on writing as new ideas come to you. When you get enough material, post it on a free web-site. There are several, such freebies such as My Cybersoup, that are easy to build. Then your site will pop up on search engine searches for JW related material and you'll be doing even more to zap the crap outta the WT monster!

You should check out Jehovah Unmasked, The True Identity of the Bible God Revealed. Available at Amazon.

MM

• rebel8
    rebel8

Here is one I wrote on the topic of false prophecies FYI

Brochure: Have JWs Ever Made False Prophecies? Lists actual false prophecies (not the many hints about Armageddon's date most of us are familiar with), such as "Armageddon will come in October 1914." Includes wacky apocalyptic imagery from WT literature. Contains a list of WT literature citations. 4-page foldable color brochure suitable for printing on 2 sides of 8.5" x 11" paper.

• Sheri
    Sheri

I would suggest just after your sentence on Biblical Quotes from the New Internation Version Bible that you add the following:

Except: Deuteronomy 18:21-22 From The : 21 and in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.

(underscore emphasis added)

Peace,

Sheri

• xjwms
    xjwms

That wt from 1972

yeah

I carry that in my case, .. have an open copy at home on my desk.

• daydream1900
    daydream1900

wut i don't understand about you guys is if you don't believe in the jehovah's witness teachings why the hell are you all so concerned? honestly your like a bunch of old women in a tea shop! saving bits of articles and stuff! you really need to get a life I'm not a jws but i have friends that are! they are kind and not hateful and that's all that matters!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    wut i don't understand about you guys is if you don't believe in the jehovah's witness teachings why the hell are you all so concerned? honestly your like a bunch of old women in a tea shop! saving bits of articles and stuff! you really need to get a life I'm not a jws but i have friends that are! they are kind and not hateful and that's all that matters!

1. Why are you on this site?

2. You don't know your friends very well-yet.

Do some of your own research on jehovah's witnesses and see what you find lurking.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Daydream

That is what you must be living in......Is it not hateful that friends I have known for my whole life won't talk to me? Is it not hateful that I'm shunned by family because I don't believe in an organization. Is it not hateful that I'm all alone after 36 years of my life because this "great prophet" is what your "friends"and my family believe in. You don't understand the emotional distress that the Watchtower has put on people, through their teachings. Your ignorance is quite amusing, so before making your comments maybe you should do a little research!!

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I'm not a jws but i have friends that are! they are kind and not hateful and that's all that matters!

Well why don't you become a JW, and convert your whole family. Then maybe one day you decide it's not for you, and we will see how you feel then. That is AFTER you are CUT OFF from your family and friends. And I might add it is MUCH worse when you are raised in "the truth." Then the only friends you have are JW's, along with your family. Then you lose everything you know when you are cut off. And this is just one part of why so many HATE this cult.

Or maybe you could be a good little loyal JW, and get to watch your kid die because they needed a blood transfusion to live, but the Society said NO. But hey, they might make it to the cover of a future Awake magazine, and that would no doubt make it ok right?

• daydream1900
    daydream1900

OK i was brought up as a jehovah's witness and was baptized at 19 and at 21 i fell away from the religion because i was gay, at the time is was a regular pioneer i did ask an elder that i need help as i knew i was falling away! but i got no help at all! three months later i was disfellowshipped i then was drug taking and working as a male strip dancer! at the time i was so bitter and against jw's and yes they did stop talking to me (apart from a few) but as Ive got older i know that these people are just like us imperfect! do you think these people want to go door knocking? i was a pioneer and hated knocking on peoples poxy doors! i did it because at the time i loved Jesus and that's what he said we should be doing?? i now understand that these people did not talk to me maybe coz they did not know what to say! when i was a witness i always wanted to talk to a disfellowshipped person but i felt too awkward about it. we all do this so why should it be different for the J'ws! i have since moved away and i do go to the memorial. that congregation know's that i am gay and i don't give a crap what they think about it! I'm not saying that the organisation is perfect nor is any other. don't forget that the Jehovah's witness religion is fairly new so there is bound to be lil mistakes! i have studied other religions but i do see the Jehovah's religion as being the closed to the truth. i just choose not to join because i like men too much etc.... any I'm sorry that some of you guys have been hurt in some way by this religion but we all get hurt in one way or another weather we are in whatever religion or what!but what makes me wonder too is that you lot are so hateful towards the witness dose it not say in the bible that Jehovah's people would be hated?? would not the love of the greater number would cool off? I'm not saying this is the right or wrong religion but i do find your hatred toward the Jehovah's witness a little too fierce

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit