Letter to the Editor - Another disgruntled Jehver's Witness

by Elsewhere 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao... don't you just love it when someone makes a fine Witness(TM) for all the world to see!

http://www.caymannetnews.com/cgi-script/csArticles/articles/000049/004951.htm

LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Another disgruntled former Witness

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dear Sir:

This is probably another disgruntled former disfellowshipped Witness who appears to know more about matters than Jehovah ("Jehovah's Witnesses' bait and switch deception").

As a former district overseer once said, we throw those rotten apples out of our organization and Christendom gobbles them up. It's as the scripture says, "they hire teachers for themselves to tickle their ears." Be happy with the "perfect" liars you hire to teach you.

Christendom will still be clinging to its false doctrines when it is destroyed as the major part of Babylon the Great. That's why Jehovah's Christian Witnesses are busily engaged in the door-to-door ministry, to give people the opportunity to learn the truth before the fast approaching day of reckoning is upon us.

P.S. I know Cayman Net News won't print this because they too promote false religion. You can tell by the articles they choose to print.

Bob Graham

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

This letter is kind of confusing, but it seems it's written by an active JW. He doesn't seem very Christian!
    S4

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Funny how Jehovah's Witnesses are their own worst enemies and are too stupid to realize it.

W

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I think "Bob Graham" shot himself in the foot there.

That little challenge at the end of his letter probablly got it published, and let all the readers see what a fine christian man he isn't.

• jgnat
    jgnat

He he he...rotten apples. He must have missed the TALK where the brothers were instructed to keep these UNSAVORY thoughts to themselves when giving a PUBLIC witness.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I can picture the outline of next year's district convention keynote address:

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This letter was written in response to another letter or article. Do we know what Bro Graham is referring to?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

http://www.caymannetnews.com/cgi-script/csArticles/articles/000049/004953.htm

LETTER TO THE EDITOR

One of the True God Jehovah's Christian Witnesses

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dear Sir:

It breaks my heart to see someone like Jared Jeffries who is so misguided. He believes that anyone who leaves the Watchtower organization has been "disfellowshipped because of apostasy (promoting a sect) and/or gross sins." This is the profound propaganda that the Watchtower feeds Jehovah's Witnesses.

It's simply not true.

Hundreds of thousands of people have left because they see the blatant hypocrisy and conditional love amongst the membership, sexual predators being allowed to remain within the congregation, or other gross sins committed by supposedly "God-fearing" people. Many leave simply because they have realized that this organization is a destructive cult and find a healthier outlet for their spirituality.

I have a letter from the Watchtower which admonishes that the "brothers" in a certain congregation allow a serial murderer to remain within their congregation in good standing and to not tell anyone, not the police, not even his own wife of his past! Does Jeffries know any of this? No, he doesn't, because he's forbidden by the Watchtower to research the Watchtower's past for himself. This is what cult expert Robert J. Lifton describes as Milieu Control.

Then Jeffries says, "Instead of humbling themselves and repenting, they have developed a strong hatred for the organization. Thus, they spend countless hours spreading lies on the Internet." This is black and white thinking, another sign of a cult.

To the contrary, many former Jehovah's Witnesses are simply trying to educate the rest of the world as to the dangers of becoming a cult follower. These "apostates" have lost family who will never speak to them again simply because they prefer not to follow a man-made organization. (My family hasn't spoken to me in 25 years!) Many of us are simply trying to warn you about the loss you will most likely suffer if you become a Jehovah's Witness.

Then Jeffries goes on to say that "the constant hate campaign that's going on the Internet arouses a thinking person's interest as to why such lies are being thrown at this organization." The preceeding quoted words are a favorite phrase used repeatedly by the Watchtower in all of their literature to try to make the person skeptical of doubting what they teach.

Any "thinking person" would never contradict what is being taught to them, right? In other words, you'd have to be stupid to question the Watchtower. This is another sign of a cult, Doctrine Over Person.

Forget your real-life experiences and submit to what the organization says because they know more than you.

Here's a question for anyone reading this If you were going to buy a car, would you believe what the salesman tells you, someone who has something to gain from the deal, or would you believe another owner, someone who has driven that car and will not gloss over the truth? Remember, people don't join cults. Cults recruit people.

Brenda Lee

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

BTW, this letter has to be an embarrassment to the local congregation.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    BTW, this letter has to be an embarrassment to the local congregation.

Yep... I bet Bob Graham is going to get a spanking from the elders!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit