Interesting Site

by CTR 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello and welcome CTR!

I'm glad you are out of the ratrace known as the WTS, and happy that you have found a religion that you are comfortable with. I raised five children and a grandson as JWs and I regret it every day. It really did a number on their heads and has affected them (and me) adversly. It is a horrid excuse for a religion.

Some words are triggers that snap an ex-JW right back in to his old life, old cages of thought. Jehovah is one of those words. Playing with the word reduces it's power.

This was beautifully expressed! I still don't use the name when praying.....and I can't bring myself to use the "substitutions" we see here either! I simply avoid it altogether.

I'm glad you found this board.....it's a great place!

hugs,

Annie

• acadian
    acadian

Welcome CTR ! When I read you had six kids, my first thought was, he must have become a Catholic or a Mormon. Anyway, looking forward to your posts! Peace
    Acadian

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI CTR & welcome!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to the JWD forum, CTR! Glad you found this site. Isn't this a terrific place to speak with others who understand what you're saying? Enjoy!

Frannie

• karen96
    karen96

Welcome, CTR! I hope you enjoy this board!

karen

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Welcome to the board, I'm glad you found it. Lots of interesting discussion I think you will find of value. Glad to hear you are coping with the problems that can remain. Looking forward to hearing more.

• poppers
    poppers

Hi CTR, and welcome to JWD. I look forward to hearing more from you.

poppers

• zeroday
    zeroday
    For those of you who think Mormons are just like JW's I can relate, however we really are nothing alike.

The doctrine might be different but basically they were both started by a man who tried to determine the will of God.

I have researched Mormonism quite extensively and to say the Book of Mormon is written by God himself, well you have to wonder. The phrase "And it came to pass" occurs over 3000 times in the book. Not to mention there is absolutely zero archaeological evidence the people or civilizations mentioned in the book ever existed.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Hello and welcome

look around here.

Much to learn.

• CTR
    CTR

"The doctrine might be different but basically they were both started by a man who tried to determine the will of God."

Agree to disagree - not here to argue one religion against another. I do respect your point of view, thank you for your comments, CTR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit