Did anyone see or do a random act of kindness today?

by okie46 42 Replies latest jw friends

• okie46
    okie46

You guys are great!! Keep up the good work!! It makes me happy to read all of these.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

There was a blind guy trying to cross Michigan Avenue during the morning rush hour. Normally he has his dog w/ him that helps him, but for some reason today he did not. I saw him just standing there as the lights kept changing for him to cross, but he never did. Finally, I crossed the street and asked him if he needed help and he said he did because he was a little turned around. So I walked him to where he needed to go. The amazing thing was that one of our vendors (copy guys) saw me and when I got into work, he left me a voice mail saying that he thought it was really sweet of me and then he sent me a really nice gift card to Starbucks. Which I thought was a really nice thing to do! Good karma is always a good way to go.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I'm recovering from an illness (not serious), and my friend drove me around today to help me with errands I needed to do. We've been friends for almost 40 years--she's one of the finest people I know.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I fixed someones car today and paid for the parts.

• oldflame
    oldflame
    she's one of the finest people I know.

Isn't a blessing to have friends like that ? I have some like that too and I thank God for them.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

IMO I believe the holy spirit works through people who provide assistance to those in need. Thus by helping those people in need the HS also blesses the person rendering the assistance.

Uwuf

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I am an evil apostate and thereby incapable of doing good works.

• okie46
    okie46

maybe it is just cause you are a Jayhawk Kansas Boy?? :)

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Maybe so LOL.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

In one of my classes, there's a kid in a wheelchair.

Not disabled, just impaired really. I held the door open for him, and handed him his math book out of his book bag. You would've thought I'd just handed him a million dollars.

I went to high school with a high functioning autistic kid. We had some elective's together senior year, and he became my little brother of sorts. I didn't see him yesterday, so I calle dhim last night, and just saw how his day went. Talked to him for 20, 30 minutes, then said good bye.

About 5 minutes later his gorgeous sister called me, all choked up, and thanked me for my call.

Its amazing what a little positive energy could do for the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit