Did anyone see or do a random act of kindness today?

by okie46 42 Replies latest jw friends

• okie46
    okie46

Today while unloading my groceries, I witnessed a random act of kindness... someone in a ford explorer was waiting for a car to leave a parking spot so they could pull in there, they had been waiting for several minutes when finally the car in that spot backed out and left. Before the person in the ford explorer could pull into the spot, a lady in a ford taurus pulled on into that parking space. The person in the ford explorer who had been patiently waiting, just sat there, they didn't honk or flip the person off, then the lady in the ford taurus realized that the other vehicle had been waiting for that spot and backed out to find another spot, letting the guy who had been waiting have his spot. I thought that was so nice of her... so many times things like that happen in a parking lot and this was the first time I ever saw someone back on out and give it to the other person. Things like that make me determined to be more considerate of others. Kudos to ford taurus lady in Tulsa, Oklahoma Walmart, 41st and Peoria.

• hambeak
    hambeak

A lady came into my shop today in Garland Tx. car overheating and she was crying with a bunch of kids. Saw she had a blown upper radiator hose. I had one in stock I had one of the techs put it on and told her no charge just bring me some chocolate chip cookies,

H

• okie46
    okie46

Sweet Hambeak!!!!

• Warlock
    Warlock

The part you didn't see, was the Ford Explorer guy, was waving a gun at the Ford Taurus lady!

Warlock

• Angelica
    Angelica

I worked at a local soup kitchen this evening.Just acouple of hours a month, but have done so for many months. Having become acquainted with many of the people who come for food, one young fellow is very helpful and well spoken. He was helping me setup and apologized for looking like a criminal because he was unshaven. He said he was out of shaving cream... Now mind you these are not unemployed, homeless people, they are working poor. They have minimum wage jobs. I told him I would give him a couple of bucks for shaving cream and he thought I was kidding. At the end of the serving time, I went to my car, and came back with $5. I didn't have any 1's anyway. He said, "I can't believe you were serious". I said sure, "What am I going to spend it on anyway? Coffee at Starbucks?" He was so pleased. ...and so was I.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I assisted at an accident scene.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Nothing makes you feel better than helping someone that needs it and is obviously doing all that they can in that situation. No I don't want to pay their mortgage and I'm not talking about the guy holding a sign, which reads, "God Bless." I'm talking about the lady in her work clothes/dress that has a flat tire.

I was on my way to an interview once, suit, tie the full regalia. A woman had a flat, I stopped and changed it. No she wasn't the interviewer, hell I didn't even get the job, but my interview was so much easier because I felt just great!

I'll try tomorrow to notice more people to see if I can help. Thanks for the reminder.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I turned around to help these ladies broke down on the side of the road. As I approached they put the hood down and took off. Maybe my beard scared em? Othern that I got nuthin

• Undecided
    Undecided

I mowed my daughters yard for her today, does that count?

Ken P.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

This is a nice thread, it is good to get reminders to do good things for others. As a ancillary benefit, it really frustrates the brothers when people speak well of people who left the bOrg and became more Christ-like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit