WTBS Special Campaign -October 2006.

by architect 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Genesis
    Genesis

The end of the false religion is near, please donate in order to help it continue :

Witchtower Babble and Trash Society of Crooklyn

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

These special campaigns are set up to keep all the minions busy.

It has the benefit that because it is so special and "easy" that some irregular pubs might come out. All to prop up the numbers and divert attention away from the real issues.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

I mean even when they go from door to door how many "religious" people do they meet now?? Not that many I guess and also they can't get into to speak with many of them due to intercoms in apartments etc

Just a thought

BM of the who gives a flying monkeys piss class

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Elsewhere: I bet the publication will not explicitly name any false religions nor will it explicitly state that the WTS or JWs have the true religion.

No but you can bet they will make good use of the art department and have plenty of pics of crosses being electrified and I wouldn't be surprised to see pics of synagogues and Mosques crumbling.

• twain30
    twain30

In our congregation and all surrounding congs. the last two or three of these campaigns were failures. Few if any studies were started and very telling was the fact that over half of the Kingdom News tracts remained on the shelf. Its like they're trying to clash the cymbal and beat the drum. The response is that the majority obediently yet apathetically go through the motions.

My thought is that when we're guilty of falsely prophesying, going beyond the things written, rewriting history according to a convenient "Present Truth" philosophy, many financial improprieties, and most of all haughtily neglecting to apologize for blatant mistakes, then people aren't going to take you very seriously when you accuse others.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird
    My thought is that when we're guilty of falsely prophesying, going beyond the things written, rewriting history according to a convenient "Present Truth" philosophy, many financial improprieties, and most of all haughtily neglecting to apologize for blatant mistakes, then people aren't going to take you very seriously when you accuse others.

Amen!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

These special campaigns are set up to keep all the minions busy.

It has the benefit that because it is so special and "easy" that some irregular pubs might come out. All to prop up the numbers and divert attention away from the real issues.

There have been some great replies to this topic, but this one really caught my eye. I remember the preparation and the nonsense that preceded one of these campaigns in my 30-year stupidity as a loyal JW.

One year in particular in the late '70's, we worked during the day and at night and were expected to place 100 tracts per publisher. Of COURSE we we under the impression that "the END was right around the corner", and we were unselfishly doing our part in warning others about the upcoming destruction.

By the time 1999 rolled around, it was more like the little boy who cried "wolf".....the import and the intensity of "the message" had long been trashed.....especially what with the "new light" concerning the sheep and the goats in 1989.

One can only ignore the signs (or the lack OF signs) to be paying attention to that come from the WTS writing dept in Brooklyn. Their well has long since dried up, but they are still trying to draw water from their pits of sand. Trying to engage all the JWs in yet another useless and unfulfilling campaign, is only a ploy to bolster up their hopes and their "unity" as a combined brotherhood.

The Watchtower is drowning and the heirarchy knows it.

• KW13
    KW13

Yup! People are fed up of the same, only so many times ya can preach the end of the world and be wrong before folks get bored and sick of waiting for it.

They are just constantly repeating old stuff, its dull - all while the rest of the world is on the constant edge of discovery/finding/learning NEW things. That is why the Awake! is here, it keeps dubs happy, cos the Watchtower mag is basically recycled nonsense.

Its got to a point, with campaigns, changes, ideas, new light, shocking announcements - they just do nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit