Do You Think ExJWs Go To The Other Extreme When They Leave The Organization

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I think sometimes, but I can hardly blame them, some of us who were born into a Dub family, were not raised like other children, kind of like a spring that has been slowly pushed down, and over the years there is so much tension built up that when some are released they spring out of control.

I don't think this happens all the time, but I have seen it with some friends and family, which is why I like to consider myself pseudo-therapist for them. I now recommend this website as well as just some pretty simple advice. I hate to see anyone abuse drugs or alcohol this is what worries me the most.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Sorry, didn't know the calculator question had been answered. In response to the original poster I would say that I haven't gone off the deep end and I don't plan to. Although, I have been considering taking classes in Martial Arts.
    Dave

• minimus
    minimus

Seeya, off to AC for a little gambling.

• codeblue
    codeblue

I agree with what Blondie said

I do see some going to extreme's but I understand for them it is a "phase". If they like their new life, so be it.

But as Blondie said: when the spring has been held so tightly, you can expect it to fly (for some)...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks Swan!..Bwa-ha-ha-ha!..The evil`s of calculators..I can`t believe my friggin eye`s..BrainDead Moron`s!..WBTS is afaid you`ll calculate how much time you`ve wasted in thier cult!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

This question made me think of my brother. When he left the borg he went right into the Marine Corps then when he got out of the service the first thing he did was grow his hair long. lol!

• Swan
    Swan

Okay, now that I've started to keep track, I realize that I do have an extreme problem. I have made 11 calculations today alone. Two of them were in the hexadecimal numbering system. I think I'm a calcaholic!

Tammy

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

LOL @ Blondie

You got that "spring held too tightly" illustration from the WTBTS. I think you should have to post the article as a proper reference.

Cog

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Two of them were in the hexadecimal numbering system.

LOL

Funny. Thinking in something other than base 10 was analogous to thinking outside the dub box. Something like retraining the brain.

• Gill
    Gill

My God! That explains it! That's why my two older children wanted scientific calculators when we left dubland! Bad kiddies!!!!

I certainly went to the extreme in happiness! To think of all those years wasted in misery.

My sister left JW land not so long ago. She is now living with her boyfriend, has joined Mecca Bingo club, has been known to 'moon' at people, and I feel the need to wrap a dressing gown around her when I see her!!! (She's not always got enough clothing on!) Other than that, she's fine, so far! She is in her early twenties though and I think this kind of slightly more relaxed attitude to everything is not too bad with her at all. It could be worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit