Hiding from the reality

by KW13 17 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

As a dub, were the days you doubted it was the truth, maybe even for a split second?

I remember, i was always thinking about something related to that, wondering 'what if its not the truth'.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Never...until my dad put that doubt into my head. Still took me several years and his death to face that doubt head-on.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Apart from some things I wasn't too sure about while I was studying, I had no doubts about it being the truth for many years, and when a few questions finally came into my nind I dismissed them at first, before I finally had to address them.

Once I did, it wasn't long before I left the jws.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    As a dub, were the days you doubted it was the truth, maybe even for a split second?

no

There were often times though that I doubted the gbs intelligence, if you can make since of that.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

No, never. Not until just in the past 2 years, I started doubting.

• KW13
    KW13

wow, what a poor dub i was lol...there was i dunno, almost a fantasy - imagine IF the truth wasn't the truth, then i'd laugh at the sheer insanity of the idea.

• done4good
    done4good

I would say the "seeds" of doubt were planted years ago, but I never really doubted until recently. When that fianlly happened, I began to research, and it did not take long for the tower to fall after that.

-No pun intended.

j

• KW13
    KW13

I would say the "seeds" of doubt were planted years ago, but I never really doubted until recently. When that fianlly happened, I began to research, and it did not take long for the tower to fall after that.

-No pun intended.

j

yeh i found nothing really stood to close scrutiny (nice pun )

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I always had doubts even as a child . I think it was because my unbelieving father and grandfather would say things to me like : don't believe everything you read , witnesses are commies , anything that sounds to good to be true is. As an adult I tried really hard to push the doubts away . I was in a constant struggle with in myself and thought I must be the most unfaithful person .

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I had LOTS of questions, but I put them out of my thoughts as best I could. I was very much one of those "I'll wait on Jehovah to eventually answer these questions" type of JW.
    Once I decided to investigate those questions, the seeds of doubt were really already deeply planted.
    I'd come up with a simple test. Could I find proof beyond any reasonable doubt that there were humans on earth more than 6031 years ago, and could I also find proof that animals were eating one another more than 4500 years ago, or the supposed time of the Noachian Flood?
    I proved both things to myself rather easily, and then it was just a matter of getting out - which took incredible courage, as it involved losing essentially all of my friends.
    S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit