Who would tell 9/11 survivors to just get over it?

by Swan 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good thread Swan..Actually The WBTS could tell them,they don`t mind mass murder..WBTS supports globel extermination,of anyone that does not support them..If WBTS has thier way,it will be the biggest genicide mankind has ever seen...OUTLAW

• Arthur
    Arthur
    WBTS supports globel extermination,of anyone that does not support them..If WBTS has thier way,it will be the biggest genicide mankind has ever seen...OUTLAW

Remember on 9/11 how many people in Muslim countries were dancing in the streets when they saw the twin towers destroyed? That is what JWs are going to do after 6 billion human beings are massacred.

Oh yes, so very Christ like.

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

As a survivor and eyewitness to the wtc attack, I can assure everyone -- there are many who would and do tell survivors to "just get over it" (and those other statements that sound harsh and hurtful).

In sharing our personal traumas with others, we invite response, and it isn't always what we want to hear ("just get over it"). It doesn't always mean the speaker is discounting or belittling the victim or the event, it's another way of trying to help the victim move through the bad effects (which include obsession and victimization).

Though they sound cruel, these statements can be taken as a kindnes -- it can help boot us down off our "victim" pedestals and... well, get over it ... helping us get on the path back to a healthier, happier place in life.

willow

• ttbeachbum
    ttbeachbum

Well said Tammy.

• VM44
    VM44

Ray Nagin would say it.

And then he would apologize the next day.

--VM44

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The son of a friend was assaulted a few weeks ago. A sensless drive by attack. A car stopped, two guys got out and smashed his head in with an iron bar. He almost died.

Yet he said to his mother that he forgives them. (Better Christian than me, then!)

The scars and disabilities caused by such things, never go away. Even if you can forgive. In the WT articles on child abuse, it was admitted that forgiveness might not be possible.

If somebody snapped your spine so you ended up in a wheelchair, how easy would it be to "move on"? Many on this board have been incapacitated by the WTBTS, and the WTBTS does not even give them a wheel to help in their recovery.

THAT IS WHY SO MANY OF US ARE ANGRY.

THAT IS WHY WE WILL NOT FORGIVE OR FORGET.

And those of us with children certainly want to rescue.

HB

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Ann Coulter would say it

Ray Nagin would say it.

And then he would apologize the next day.

• blondie
    blondie

Something to remember when it comes to telling ex-JWs to just get over it or people who were abused.

Blondie

• Warlock
    Warlock

I wasn't in N.Y. when it happened. I saw the very beginning on t.v. and heard the rest of it on the radio. I've tried to see documentaries on it, but I just can't anymore. I won't go see the movie. I'm still pissed off. Over 3000 innocent fellow Americans killed on American soil. I'm pissed off just thinking about it and I just want to cry. It's been 5 years, and it's still traumatic.

Warlock

• garybuss
    garybuss

The war's not over for me till the hostages are released.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit