Are the "Last Days" an Absurdity? (8/15 WT)

by metatron 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

i guess i put a marble in the absurdity bucket too.....

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

"Now if they have a problem, they just shoot each other"

Yes, an the shoot out at the O.K. Corral (Tombstone, Arazona) was just a slight misunderstanding.

• Hondo
    Hondo

Flash, you're an eternal pessimist! Your glass is always half empty. Your sky is always falling. If you haven't been living in a cave since the sixties, maybe you should, it would be a lot safer for you there. In the meantime, I'm going to the beach. It's sunny and 85 here in Hawaii and I'm going to the beach. Last I checked there weren't any tital waves bearing down on the islands, no plague, and to the best of my knowledge the peasants weren't going to revolt in the streets today.

Have a wonderful day, and life....

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

For all we know this generation could be the entire human race since Adam and Eve We could be waiting another 7000 years! lol!

• metatron
    metatron

Flash, your response is typically lacking in critical thinking ability - and self righteous.

Is that the best you can do? Quoting a anecdote about some high school somewhere?

Do you even possess enough intelligence to understand that , the mere existence of 12 years of schooling,

followed by a 50+ year career puts us w- a - y ahead of Romans , who commonly died before they were

30 years old?

Where are your crime statistics, if you think things are worse?

Are these young people fighting to the death, week after week, in combat with edged weapons?

Is that common? Like when Jesus was on earth?

Who's the one who really "takes no note" in this?

metatron

• Hondo
    Hondo

Concur metatron. If someone, like flash, only looks as life from a veiled or hooded perspective, he or she will never see the good that surrounds them. Someday when they are old and near their natural end they will look back and realize that their past misguided hope for the "big" end was just an absurdity and that they missed out on the best years of most of their life. The WTBTS/JWs are of course the premier promoters of this nonsensical way of thinking.

Take care.

• Flash
    Flash

metatron, Hondo

Time will tell gentlemen.

My opinion is that in the near future the authority for the War On Terror will be transfered by and from USA / England to the UN who, with God's help, will determine that all religion is the problem and has to be "eliminated."

I'm sure you remember what happens next.

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

I am Jesus incarnate and I tell you now that in the last days people will get sick, murders will murder, nations will fight other nations, children will disobey their parents, criminals will commit crimes, hateful persons will hate others. These are the signs of the last days and.........what? that has happened all the time throughout mankinds history?..........oh well.......these are the signs of the last days, run, run fast, run wherever you can, hide......no not there....somewhere else.....I'm coming......seriously I'm coming............tomorrow, or whenever, I may be late, but don't worry I'm coming. Hey! I've got a lot of things to do, stop riding my ass. No seriously I'm sick of this! I'm tired. You don't know what it's like to be the son of God, or God himself....Hell I don't even know! I've got that damn Satan to deal with and he's such and ass hole! always trying to screw with my crew. You know I wish dad would give me more G-D power. Let me blow the S out of Satan.....WTF....I can't even get prophecys right....I hate me.

• V
    V

It seems that Flash is just waiting for lighting to strike...him.

"If in school we had a problem with someone we would slug it out after school. Now they shoot each other."

This is very common of a narrow historical view. Start with your own youth when it is easy to see life with rose-coloured glasses. Next the epiphany of world troubles...now it seems life is worse now, but only from your personal view.

The quote above is laughable. For 1000 years (even more?) previous to the 20th century it was considered a matter of honour to duel (see kill) over "problems".

Look a little farther back in history than your birthdate my friend.

• Flash
    Flash

A reminder from the apostle Peter:

2 Peter 3: 3 ~ 7

3 "To begin with, you must know and understand this, that scoffers will come in the last days with their scoffing...4 And say, Where is the promise of His coming? For since the forefathers fell asleep, all things have continued exactly as they did from the begining of creation."

The Amplified Bible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit