I Got The Phone Call Last Night - My Dad Died

by BrendaCloutier 76 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I'm so sorry sweetie...what a sad situation and uncomfortable (to say the least) circumstances.

Sending some sympathy...cathy l.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Sorry for your loss, Brenda, but it was one of those blessings wasn't it. Alzheimer's is a death in itself.

At any rate, I'm glad you're going; be supportive of your mother, she'll be glad for it. Some unasked for

advice: don't overdo the 'look' just to make a statement. Just be there for mom, and make a statement that

way. At any rate, you have my sympathy.

AJ

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

sorry about your dad ((brenda))

you think you're mom will leave the JWs now? I totally relate to your comment that (I guess, if there is an afterlife) he really knows about JWs now. If there is an afterlife and he's watching all of you, you are the one he knows was right all along.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm so sorry

• done4good
    done4good

Brenda,

Sorry for your loss. You're taking it well though, hang in.

j

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Our deepest condolences are with you and yours. My wife lost her dad 3 weeks before our wedding. We enjoyed seeing every family member and friend regardless of their religious affiliation.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out well for you.

p.s. Your first sentence reminds me of the first sentence in "The Stranger" by Albert Camus.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

big hugs brenda!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I am so sorry for you. (((Brenda)))

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

So sorry to learn of your loss. You have my deepest sympathy..

DR

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

(((((((((((((((((((Brenda))))))))))))))))))))))))))

So sorry to hear of your loss. Hope your mom finds her way ok now. Even though the cult is cruel and heartless, she needs you there and I am glad to see you will be there for her.

Glad also that they had not been as cruel as you thought by not informing you of his death in the past.

Peace to you and yours -

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit