I have trust issues , but what do you think about this ....

by troubled mind 28 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

well, i say wait and see what jobs your son ends up doing - if they aren't too demanding and the pay is reasonable for the jobs he does, then i say keep it - everyone will be happy.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

As long as the reverend doesnt insist he does the jobs in his jockeys, and ask him to do lots of cleaning awkward low down corners that involve your son bending down, and pay him to sun bathe and clean the pool by swimming up and down...

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Have you considered utilizing a few temp agencies?

That is the easiest (and safest) way I know of to find "fill in" work of many kinds on a flux schedule. He can make himself available as many days of the week as you all agree on to make money while still Working towards his dreams. Then he can take that time in October with no problem.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I only thought temp work was for secretarial jobs ? We live close to a bigger city maybe he could look into that thanks.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I think it's fishy; the rev seems eager to get your son hanging around. Of course, an eighteen year old will know if the jobs become too "physical..." Can you see if he's made similar offers to neighbor kids, and how it turned out?

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i have a teen friend, who is a vocalist. very very strong chance, she will be on mtv, radio. and albums in the stores. in less than a year. i've been researching the music bussiness for a few year now. trying to learn the nuts and bolts. it's very interesting. and there is $$$$ and jobs at all levels. let your son have some fun and learn about the buss. maybe he get's a job . working in the music industry. or at the local club making a few dollars on the week end. with a part time job during the week. it's funny lots of these snot nosed kids own record co. and have big $$$$ . just b ecause they could play the bass. or write some songs. or do thinks like your son is doing .controling the sound. tell him to go to school for it . there are plenty of jobs in music. and if he gets lucky. cha ching. john

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

I did some head-hunting for a placement agency. They also had a temp agency there. They placed people for everything and anything you can think of.

Let him follow his dream as long as he can afford it. If he likes it like you say he does, he'll find a way, the preacher's offer notwithstanding. If he can't afford it then it's back to the salt mines he goes. He's 18, time to decide; especially when it comes to seemingly weird advances by so-called authority figures.

It sounds as though he still lives at home. No college in his future? He can be poor and in a band all at the same time he's gettin' edumacated.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Never trust clowns, priests, and handsome men(or ugly men for that matter)! When it comes to your kid/s, be safe. Let him work for the guy, but make unannounced check-ups on your son.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I have a question for you. Is it the Reverend that you don't trust or your son? Do you think that your son might be gay?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Noooo I don't think my son is gay . I just think the Rev may be doing that fake friend thing like witnesses do . He does help other youths at his church . I just don't know how to accept really generous people my experience is there usually is a motive .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit