Anyone still have friends in the org that they speak with?

by done4good 19 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good

I ask this because I have two or three that know my stand on things, but am unsure of how to go about getting on the offensive with them, about the WTS. They are reasonable people, and I think if I could just plant the seeds in the right way, it may get them thinking. So, I'm asking if anyone here has any real experience doing the same with ones they consider "friends" who either are still or were in the org at one time.

j

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'm guessing you are not dfed and thats why they talk to you, but if you start trying to plant ideas it wont be long before word gets back to the elders that you are apostate and then you will be dfed and not able to speak to them. its very tricky and I wish you luck. I would say the best way is to from time to time ask a question - dont push it - just say "You know I really find it hard to understand why the borg says this when that is totally out of context". Plant the seed and move on and leave it a while before bringing up something new to establish some doubts ...

I haven't spoken to a single JW friend since I was 17.

• TopHat
    TopHat

NO, I have no interest at all in the Borg or anyone who is a member.

The WTS is like all religions....A scam on the innocent and naive members of which I was one for to many years.

• KW13
    KW13

i have a few friends i see occasionally but they are wary of me lol.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I have a few , mostly young adults in their twenties that still talk to me .Most of them come to me to complain about the crappola that goes on in the local hall. So far they don't seem to get the fact it is an organizational problem not just a local problem . I only lead them with a few questions depending on what topic we are on, trying hard not to scare them away . My sister knows my views and is very wary of what she says around me anymore .The in-laws never directly ask what my thinking is on any spiritual topic so I just don't go there with them .

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Done4good,

Yes, I have one very old friend, that I still keep in touch with. Until I get the official "axe", I think she will continue to allow me in her life. I keep telling myself that as soon as there is a announcement made regarding my husband and I, she will have to keep secret our visits, or will have to "cut me off" unless she wants to get the axe too for associating with me. She calls from time to time, to see how we are and fills me in on the latest gossip and lies being made up about us. The latest is, we suposedly are publishing literature, have started our own religon, and even have started a web site called "The True Jehovahs Witnesses"!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! She sees how much this hurts, and how unfair they are. She also knows these rumors are untrue, and she cannot believe how much my so called friends are delibertatly spreading lies and slandering my good name. She told me she is so sick of it, and she wishes people would quit talking about us. She has stuck up for us numerous times. I am thankful she can see through the lies. I originally told her of our questioning 607. She said she would look into it too. But, she never has come back to me to let me know she has even tried. I think she is afraid to look into it. I told her that if we get disfellowshipped for questions, then that would be the cruelest most unfair thing that could ever happen. She agreed. I know our day is coming for the axe. And soon! It will be interesting how my friend reacts. It may open the door or it may shut the door. Anyhow, that has been my experience. All my other so called "friends" are conditional. Some friends!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• done4good
    done4good

Lady Liberty,

I would agree that the vast majority of "friends" are conditional. Some of those things there just sound unbelievable! There are a few, (at least 2, I can think of), that in my case would probably ignore the rules and continue to associate with me, albeit in a limited fasion, if I get d/f. Actually, the association is already limited by virtue of the fact of my known issues with the org, so probably little would change. As far as the rumor mill goes, I could care less what the "conditional" majority have to say. That too might just be a good thing, as those few who truly know me would also know that those things would be bs, and maybe, just maybe, it might make them think.

j

• KW13
    KW13
    Dear Done4good,

Yes, I have one very old friend, that I still keep in touch with. Until I get the official "axe", I think she will continue to allow me in her life. I keep telling myself that as soon as there is a announcement made regarding my husband and I, she will have to keep secret our visits, or will have to "cut me off" unless she wants to get the axe too for associating with me. She calls from time to time, to see how we are and fills me in on the latest gossip and lies being made up about us. The latest is, we suposedly are publishing literature, have started our own religon, and even have started a web site called "The True Jehovahs Witnesses"!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! She sees how much this hurts, and how unfair they are. She also knows these rumors are untrue, and she cannot believe how much my so called friends are delibertatly spreading lies and slandering my good name. She told me she is so sick of it, and she wishes people would quit talking about us. She has stuck up for us numerous times. I am thankful she can see through the lies. I originally told her of our questioning 607. She said she would look into it too. But, she never has come back to me to let me know she has even tried. I think she is afraid to look into it. I told her that if we get disfellowshipped for questions, then that would be the cruelest most unfair thing that could ever happen. She agreed. I know our day is coming for the axe. And soon! It will be interesting how my friend reacts. It may open the door or it may shut the door. Anyhow, that has been my experience. All my other so called "friends" are conditional. Some friends!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

i can imagine how hard that will be, but your patience with her will pay off either now or when it really matters

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I have a really good friend who still is, I think since I was never baptized its ok for him to talk to me, but we know each others views and beliefs and respect each other so we don't really talk about that too much, just cars and beer, kind of stuff.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

What really gets me is that these are ones I would have died for? These ones who so quickly and eagerly want to believe lies about us. It sickens me!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit