Q & A sessions

by KW13 17 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Does anyone remember the old Q&A sessions in meetings? where all the dubs would answer as many questions as they could in X amount time?

Looking back, i remember not only was it SUPER boring, (everyone was quiet and you could hear a pin drop) but it made sure all the rank and file were well and truly brainwashed Mum/Stepdad/Friends used to all get their head down, scribbling away and hoping that they'd do well. - God forbid that later, when the bro asked people what their answers were, you got it wrong lol.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Do you mean the rotten review? i used to enjoy that - I nearly always got every single one right too!

• KW13
    KW13

that was it, the review!

ya even remembered it (crumpet ---------------> )

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I remember the written review very well. I used to get all the questions right, and even believe all the answers.

It's definitely something I don't miss doing, like anything jw related.

• Undecided
    Undecided

That's the first time I've thought of the written review in years. I knew all the answers back then. That was in the 50s.

Ken P.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

It's an oral review, now. Apparently some people were comparing scores with each other as though it was a competition. Also, it didn't hold true to the mental control standards. Someone could be sitting there looking at their honest, heartfelt answer for 30 whole minutes before it got corrected according to Governing Body dogma. The only honest, heartfelt answers allowed are those that agree with the overlords.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• luna2
    luna2

I liked the stupid thing cuz it took up most of the idiot meeting. I was crap at it, of course. I usually forgot to bring enough pens for the boys and I, and I never studied for it or anything either. I'd just guess and see how well my esp was working. I liked the fill in the blank parts...you could get quite creative.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There have been significant changes in the written review. If you go back far enough in the history of the written review the congregation used to turn the sheets in and they were graded.

• KW13
    KW13
    There have been significant changes in the written review. If you go back far enough in the history of the written review the congregation used to turn the sheets in and they were graded.

damn, sounds like going to school

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    If you go back far enough in the history of the written review the congregation used to turn the sheets in and they were graded.

Why, to make sure all were in agreement, and woe betide those who weren't? Woe betide any independent thinkers in those days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit