Q & A sessions

by KW13 17 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good

If you got a bad grade did you sent to the "back room", was there a "marking" talk somewhow involved???

j

• Poztate
    Poztate
    There have been significant changes in the written review. If you go back far enough in the history of the written review the congregation used to turn the sheets in and they were graded.

My Dad used to have that job. When the written review was over all the sheets were collected. Your name was at the top.He graded them over the weekend out of 100% and handed them back. Questions that seemed to be poorly answered by a number of people could be discussed at a meeting. Council was also offered privately if your answers fell too much below the average. It was control at it's finest...

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

There have been significant changes in the written review. If you go back far enough in the history of the written review the congregation used to turn the sheets in and they were graded.

Now that I remember happening. It sounds so odd now!

• atypical
    atypical

It always showed the people up who didn't study or who missed a few meetings and forgot it was written review night (me). I was really good at taking tests in school, so I used to think it was funny when I would come to meeting without my review and obviously unstudied, get a copy from one of the attendants, finish it in about ten minutes and then go hang out outside until they started asking questions. At my hall everyone would totally compare scores after the meeting, especially the young people.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Written Review???..Curse you!!..I haven`t remembered that in years..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Warlock
    Warlock

What was that, like a 4 week review? What ever it was, I never could figure out why we had them. Wasn't it enough, already?

Warlock

• KW13
    KW13
    The Written Review???..Curse you!!..I haven`t remembered that in years..LOL!!...OUTLAW

lol sorry, it just popped in my head and i wanted to make it pop up in all your heads

• Highlander
    Highlander

Just when I was starting to repress some of my j-dub memories, you had to go and bring this one back!

haha, I had completely forgotten about the rotten review. So it's an oral review now? When did they discontinue the written portion of the review?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit