Take a quiz, help me build a typical JW personality profile.

by jgnat 15 Replies latest social family

• jgnat
    jgnat

Help me build a typical JW personality profile. I am doing this to help "Unbelieving Mates" build a model of how their partner differs from the "JW ideal" Steve Hassan has his clients do this, so they can find cracks in the cult-member's facade, and to understand how best to reach their partner. How different is their JW partner from the "JW ideal"?

You can help me by taking one of the fun personalilty tests on this site, first as yourself and second how you think an "Ideal JW" would score. Let me know the results of both.

http://www.personalityquiz.net/

For instance, an "Ideal JW" would most likely draw their pot bellied pig near the bottom of their page, facing left, with many details in the drawing, with all four legs showing, big ears, and a missing tail.

How did you do?

• jgnat
    jgnat

One of my favorite personality quizzes is the Kiersey personality profile.

On a Kiersy temperament test, I think an “Ideal JW” could come out as a ESFJ

The SJs

Myers had SJs, like SPs, observing their close surroundings with a keen eye, but for an entirely different reason, namely that of scheduling their own and others' activities so that needs are met and conduct is kept within bounds. Thus for SJs, everything should be in its proper place, everybody should be doing what they're supposed to, everybody should be getting their just deserts, every action should be closely supervised, all products thoroughly inspected, all legitimate needs promptly met, all approved ventures carefully insured. Though SJs might differ in being tough-minded (T) or friendly (F) in observing their schedules, and though they can be expressive (E) or reserved (I) in social attitude, all of them demand that ways and means of getting things done are proper and acceptable.

And so Myers described the SJs as "conservative" and "stable" -- as "consistent" and "routinized" -- as "sensible," "factual," and "unimpulsive" -- as "patient," "dependable," and "hard-working" -- as "detailed," "painstaking," "persevering," and "thorough." This too is a clear-cut pattern of action and attitude, highly unlike that of the SPs, NFs, and NTs.

http://keirsey.com/personality/sjef.html

http://www.personalityquiz.net/

• jgnat
    jgnat

Go figure. Martha Stewart is an ESFJ.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I've got it in my faves to do tomorrow Jg. Im going to bed now

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

on the Kiersy,

I'm a ESTP

• jgnat
    jgnat

Would you guys say the "Ideal JW" is an ESFJ? Have I pegged them?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Richie, see who you have in common:

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's what I've written about the "Ideal JW"

Ideal JW

The ideal JW is happy at meetings and in the fellowship of believers. Mild mannered always, he is conscientious at home and at work, but this is not his primary focus.

His attitude toward the “world” and “worldly people” is a disinterested sadness for their fallen condition. He believes the best and highest help he can provide his neighbors is a placement or a Watchtower study, and looks for opportunities to honor Jehovah in conversation. He abstains from all ‘worldly’ influences and holidays.

His reading material consists exclusively of Watchtower materials.

Humility and neatness are his most prominent traits. A company man, he honors the Elders for their hard work, and never questions the Faithful and Discreet Slave. He never answers with an angry word. He regulates his mental state so that he has no angry, disobedient or contrary thoughts. He ponders spiritual matters (generally the Watchtower theme that week) day and night.

He lives modestly. He keeps up on study, field service, and meetings, and strives to exceed the national average in service hours. He knows he is imperfect, so if an elder is so kind to point out a weakness in his character, he is swift to agree and make it right. He consoles himself that nobody is perfect.

His highest ambition for his children is to reach out for service at Bethel and to marry a fellow Witness. He may retire early to enter field service full time, and he wills his modest goods back to the society.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

jg,

I took it but it only told me I was an Idealist and gave a description but didnt say ESJA or whatever. I musta done something wrong huh?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Free report for: shelley

Your Temperament is Artisan (SP)

Artisans are the temperament with a natural ability to excel in any of the arts, not only the fine arts such as painting and sculpting, or the performing arts such as music, theater, and dance, but also the athletic, military, political, mechanical, and industrial arts, as well as the "art of the deal" in business.

Artisans are most at home in the real world of solid objects that can be made and manipulated, and of real-life events that can be experienced in the here and now. Artisans have exceptionally keen senses, and love working with their hands. They seem right at home with tools, instruments, and vehicles of all kinds, and their actions are usually aimed at getting them where they want to go, and as quickly as possible. Thus Artisans will strike off boldly down roads that others might consider risky or impossible, doing whatever it takes, rules or no rules, to accomplish their goals. This devil-may-care attitude also gives the Artisans a winning way with people, and they are often irresistibly charming with family, friends, and co-workers.

Artisans want to be where the action is; they seek out adventure and show a constant hunger for pleasure and stimulation. They believe that variety is the spice of life, and that doing things that aren't fun or exciting is a waste of time. Artisans are impulsive, adaptable, competitive, and believe the next throw of the dice will be the lucky one. They can also be generous to a fault, always ready to share with their friends from the bounty of life. Above all, Artisans need to be free to do what they wish, when they wish. They resist being tied or bound or confined or obligated; they would rather not wait, or save, or store, or live for tomorrow. In the Artisan view, today must be enjoyed, for tomorrow never comes.

Artisans make up between 15 to 20 percent of the population, which is good, because they create much of the beauty, grace, fun, and excitement the rest of us enjoy in life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit