One more down the drain-marriage-divorce

by sspo 25 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    DB!!! You're Back! Had a good time?

Had a nice break thank you...glad to be back now though...NOT!

DB74

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

(((((sspo)))))

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this.

You will be in my thoughts

Linda

• done4good
    done4good

Sorry to hear about this sspo. My ex tried to pull the same crap, and actually lost the battle, (she could not prove it to the elders). In the end though, if it's what she wants to do, she's going to do it, (she won the war). Although I know it's traumatic loosing a marriage of that many years, (mine was only 10, but that's enough), take some heart in knowing you can move on to a healthier situation. It really does get better.

j

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Man...I hurt for you when I read this. You can almost accept there being another MAN or something but how do you fight a ghost? How do you fight a cult?

The grip is like a pitbull on them. It's like trying to reason with someone who is walking in their sleep. Their eyes are open, they appear to be functional, they appear to hear you ,,,but they dont respond.

I told my husband I was DAing in Jan 07 and in a couple of months he was being invited to SINGLE JW GET TOGETHERS for WEEKENDERS with them!!! You cant tell me they dont try to come between you and your spouse. Maybe the ELDERS arent but dont think for a nanosecond somebody else isnt filling their heads with "You should be with Brother JustBecameAvailable! He's such a good SPIRITUAL man and loyal to Jehovah. You move out from that apostate and then you can come and attend our get togethers and spend some time with him and get to know him."

I came to know a woman a few years back online who left the JWs and then her Elder husband started getting phone calls from young women in the congregation! Other ELDERS were trying to set him up with their DAUGHTERS! Oddly...their behavior plus his trying to "disprove Crisis of Conscience" lead him right out the door of the kingdom hall.

I dont get it either but I have to think that that September article has something to do with this sudden rash of JWs deserting their families!

hugs to you...big big hugs

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear SSPO,

I am so very sorry that you are going through such turmoil. I don't know what to say. Could you possibly guilt her into staying by telling her that by leaving she is going against Jehovah God? We are here for you!! Hang in there. Maybe it will end up being only temporary.

SIncerely,

Lady Liberty

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

sspo

I'm sorry for what you're going through right now. I know when my husband and I were having some serious marriage problems, not JW related, that I wished he would do something unscriptural, like cheat on me so that I would have a scriptural "excuse" to divorce him. Is it possible that there are other unresolved problems between you and your wife, so that when she was presented with a viable reason (your apostasy) she decided to grasp on to that as her "scriptural reason" to leave. As you pointed out, she didn't have to do that. Many others have stayed with unbelieving mates and had good marriages. That's why I wonder if there may be more to her reasoning than she is letting on to the elders.

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit