Feeling a bit lonely tonight

by fullofdoubtnow 16 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

My bf has had to go to Belfast today for work. He doesn't work away too often, this is only the 3rd time this year, and one of the times I went with him, but this time I have to stay home. I took him to the airport this morning, hugged him as he went to board his flight, and I've been ok all day, until he rang me about an hour ago. Then it hit me - I have 4 nights on my own, till he comes home on Saturday, and that is such a depressing thought. I am missing him so much aleady, and it's only the first day.

I have a friend calling tomorrow afternoon, and I'm back at work myself on Thursday and Friday, so maybe the days won't be too bad, but the nights are going to be so lonely. After over 20 years of sleeping alone, I've got used to having him next to me, and the bed is going to seem very empty wiithout him in it. I doubt I'll sleep very well tonight, or the rest of the week.

I don't want to sound as though I'm wishing my life away, but Saturday afternoon, when I'll be picking him up from the airport, just can't come soon enough for me.

Linda

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Then it hit me - I have 4 nights on my own, till he comes home on Saturday,

This can be good () or bad (), depending on what you make of it. Treat yourself to something special.

W

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Treat yourself to something special.

Yes FF, I have thought a little retail therapy wouldn't do me any harm. I might go on a bit of a shopping spree tomorrow morning.

• jonno_oxford
    jonno_oxford

Hi Fullof,

I know how you feel. My partner has been in hospital for the last few nights. Its really weird him not being there.

I think the advice to treat yourself to something you'de not usually do will do the trick.

Jonno

• arwen
    arwen

I know how you feel. My darlin has been gone for a month on a motorcycle trip with his brothers. A sort of family mid life crisis! He will be home tonight I hope if the rain will let up. I have missed him so much. Just pamper yourself for a few days and the weekend will be here before you know it. ..Take care...Arwen

• zanex
    zanex

i know the feeling..i have to work 3 hours away from my sig other...(sigh) the hotel just doesnt quite cut it for me..least not when i have to sleep in it alone...4 nites this week alone...arg!

-Z-

• Nowman
    Nowman

My husband is rarely out of town but when he does go, I never really think that I'll have a hard time until hes gone. I all of a sudden feel "missing him badly". The same thing happens for him when I am gone. It must be true love, its sweet. Its nice to be missed....

Nikki

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

He just phoned me again from his hotel to say goodnight to me. He's having a relatively early night as he has a long, hard day ahead of him tomorrow, and the rest of the week. He said he is missing me and will phone me in the morning. It doesn't lift my loneliness much, but it cheered me up just hearing his voice,

Roll on saturday..

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Last summer I had to work out of town, was away for about 4 nights a week. I missed hubby and my home, but it was nice to be on my own for a change. I particularly loved sleeping in the middle of the bed!!!

BB

• anewme
    anewme

It sounds like he feels the same way Fullofdoubtnow. How sweet! The two of you are missing each other! True love! How wonderful you have found true love! Join the many women who have said goodbye to their sweethearts. Some have gone to war, some have gone to death.
    Happily yours will be back Saturday!!!!

Use the time constructively. You could get ahead on your housecleaning or organization------or you could do allnighters here! We all have at one time or another!
    I like the shopping idea best though.

Im with you. I dont like sleeping alone. On any given night in our bed there are two pairs of feet and four pairs of paws!

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit