All sex in dangerous and sinful

by Norm 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Norm
    Norm

For the umpteenth time the Watchtower Society has published an article about sex.
    This time I am referring to some material they have seen fit to publish on their website:

What’s Wrong With Premarital Sex?

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2004/7/22a/article_01.htm

As we know God is extremely preoccupied with sex. In fact God use so much time and resources monitoring your genitals that he simply has to ignore, poverty, hunger, natural disasters etc. In spite of this close scrutiny oddly enough he still doesn’t seem to do anything about the pedophiles in the Watchtower Society, go figure. Anyway as we have all learned sex is only for married people and should of course be carried out with the right motive. Only one position is really allowed, face to face missionary, doggy style is of course out and at no time and instance must there be contact between mouth and genital. Of course “fondling of breasts” and such is a no - no and I guess dry humping is out of the question too.

Anyway back to the Watchtower web site. It kicks off by some comments, apparently from “young” people:

“I sometimes wonder if premarital sex is really that bad, especially when I feel strange for still being a virgin.”—Jordon.
    “I feel pressure to experiment with sex. I think we all have the natural inclination to,” says Kelly. “Everywhere you turn,” she continues, “it’s all about sex!”

Well duh! It can’t come as a surprise to anyone that human beings, young and not so young think about sex. When you are young your hormones will make you think about it even if you don’t want to. Apparently even religious idiots know that much. Well, don’t fret, I bet some of those horny Jehovah's Witness virgins can get some juicy advice from the Watchtower Society just read:

“Then there are youths who refrain from intercourse but who engage in so-called sexual alternatives, such as fondling one another’s sexual organs (sometimes called mutual masturbation). A disturbing report in The New York Times reveals that “oral sex has become a commonplace initiation into sexual activity, widely perceived by many young people as less intimate, and less risky, than intercourse . . . [and] as a means of avoiding pregnancy and of preserving their virginity.”

Hey, lots of good advice there guys! Bet most of you didn’t know all of that before but Brooklyn has all the good stuff. But don’t get your hopes up:

Just how should a Christian view premarital sex? And what about so-called alternatives to intercourse? Are they acceptable to God? Are they safe? And do they really preserve one’s virginity?
    Didn’t know what “fornication” is, well read and learn:

An authoritative answer to these questions can come only from our Creator—Jehovah God. And in his Word he tells us to “flee from fornication.” (1 Corinthians 6:18) Just what does that mean? The Greek word translated “fornication” is not restricted to sexual intercourse but includes a variety of lewd acts. So if two unmarried people engage in oral sex or in fondling each others’ reproductive organs, they are guilty of fornication.

Those Greeks, eh? Fondling genitals and whatnot. What about “lewd” thoughts? Oh yes that’s wrong too.

But could they still be considered virgins—that is, in God’s eyes? In the Bible the word “virgin” is used as a symbol of moral purity. (2 Corinthians 11:2-6) But it is also used in a physical sense. The Bible tells of a young woman named Rebekah. It says that she was “a virgin, and no man had had sexual intercourse with her.” (Genesis 24:16) Interestingly, in the original Hebrew, the word for “intercourse” evidently included other acts besides normal man/woman intercourse. (Genesis 19:5) So, according to the Bible, if a youth engaged in any form of fornication, he or she could hardly be considered a virgin.

Wow, Hebrew words too? Rebekah would apparently have blown it if she gave a friend a hand job. God is a strict guy eh? Pity he didn’t have the same standard when it came to genocide, ethic cleansing and such mere trifles, but I mean you must have a sense of proportion here, genitals obviously come first with God.

The Bible exhorts Christians to flee not only from fornication itself but also from all forms of unclean conduct that could lead to it.# (Colossians 3:5) Others may ridicule you for taking such a stand. “‘You don’t know what you’re missing!’ is what I heard all through high school,” says a Christian youth named Kelly. However, premarital sex is nothing more than the “temporary enjoyment of sin.” (Hebrews 11:25) It can cause lasting physical, emotional, and spiritual harm.
    Yup, sex can be quite temporary, but given about 15 minutes pause a guy can usually perform again and most women can wait that long. Then follows a long litany of the dangers of sex, pregnancy, disease etc. Of course they can’t mention (gasp) condoms. In another article on the same web page we are told about the dangers of phone sex too:

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2004/2/22b/article_01.htm

Funny thing is that really safe sex like phone sex and masturbation is wrong too. In fact all sex outside the framework of marriage is wrong and dangerous. It is wrong even thinking about it. No wonder that there are so many problems within the Jehovah's Witness community related to sex. No wonder there are so many teenage marriages. Those presumptuous megalomaniacs who claim to know God’s view of everything do indeed have a heavy responsibility for all the effects of their sick ideas have upon others.

Norm

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Norm - never having had intercourse with a JW (yet!) could you let me know the scriptural reasons for not being able to enjoy it doggy style?

I have every confidence in Jehovah's organ knowing what's best for me, but what if the missionary stance doesn't work for me? Is missionary standing up face to face ok? What about if I wish to lean against the kitchen unit a little?

• JH
    JH

I always knew that the words Sex and Watchtower didn't match.

Probably these 2 words should be antonyms.

• luna2
    luna2

Crumpet, do not give in to these unclean desires for variety. The governing body has decreed that sex is to take place in the "marriage bed" not on the kitchen counter or doggy style on the floor. Put on your jammies, turn out ALL the lights, get on yer knees and say a prayer to Jehoober, then climb into bed and only move or remove such nightclothes as may be necessary to carry out the act in God's only officially approved sexual position.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    never having had intercourse with a JW (yet!) could you let me know the scriptural reasons for not being able to enjoy it doggy style?

Silly girl, your not suppose to enjoy it!!! Its ONLY for making babies!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    do not give in to these unclean desires for variety

Thank you so much for the kind encouragement luna - are you perhaps a revered PO's wife where you are?

How have you met the challenge of resisting unwholesome thoughts in the kitchen?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Put on your jammies, turn out ALL the lights, get on yer knees and say a prayer to Jehoober, then climb into bed and only move or remove such nightclothes as may be necessary to carry out the act in God's only officially approved sexual position.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Uncle Bruce are you sure they are "jammies"? That kind of outfit would go a little way to making up for the lack of variety in position and location!

• luna2
    luna2
    Crumpy speculated...are you perhaps a revered PO's wife where you are?

Only in my nightmares, darlin'.

• Dave_T
    Dave_T

Thank you very much, Crumpet! Now I will have to resort to self-flagellation in order to atone for the sinful thoughts you have instilled in my mind (please, continue - not that I like whipping myself that much). May Jehovah have mercy on you, Devilish Creature ... :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit