Just finished defrosting my deep freeze, and what did I find?

by Bumble Bee 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

A box of Girl Guide cookies!!!! Yum!!

Since I can only get them once a year, I usually buy a few boxes and freeze them. I had no idea there was still a box in there. What a nice surprise!

I'm going for a nice cold glass of milk now!!

BB

• serendipity
    serendipity

Please don't tell me they're thin mints....

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Please don't tell me they're thin mints....

Thin mints are the bomb!! Whenever the Girl Scouts have their campaign, you can find me snatching them up like a fiend.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

you dissapointed me. i thought you had found a bumble bee

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wouldn't ya know it, that's one of the sale poinst we (my daughter's girlscout troop and I) were taught about the cookies - they freeze well.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Does not matter how deeply I dig in-my family can find anything I hide in the freezer. I am lucky if the cookies make it to the house-forget the freezer! My husband is a thin mint fiend. The ice cream is to die for!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Sorry to disappoint, they were the vanilla/chocolat sandwich ones. I think here in Canada we have different cookies than the US does. They sell the mint ones in the fall (October) and the sandwich cookies in the spring (Apr/May I think).

WAC - I keep the bumble bees in the back yard

JWdaughter - cookies usually end up going stale before we eat them, unless they are homemade (which doesn't happen to often unfortunately). About the only ones we like are Oreos and Girl Guide cookies, they don't last!

BB

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I had no idea you could freeze cookies! I'd have only been slightly more excited if you had revealed a dead body or non edible animal to be in your freezer.

Sadly we don't get girl guides delivering cookies over here ...

I

• Scully
    Scully

I've already got my cash set aside for my annual Girl Guide Thin Mint Cookie stash. Don't tell Mr Scully.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Sadly we don't get girl guides delivering cookies over here ...

Crumpet,

Put them on your Christmas list! I hear Santa can get Girl Guide Cookies at that time of the year.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit