Wikipedia on Witnesses (Huh?)

by MsMcDucket 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

I suspect the jws who are constantly changing the entries have organized themselves somehow, perhaps by taking "shifts" whereupon volunteers agree to watch the entry for designated time frames and make changes. Perhaps some arrangement like that would work to "keep the vigil" and keep the balanced info on the site.....of course a discussion like that would have to go in the "campaigns" folder so the borg don't know the details.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

they lock out IP addresses of individuals who have received warnings. I got a warning on the first post.

how would we get around that, besides becoming a wiki equivalent of a mod on that page? Each page has a group of "moderators".

• VM44
    VM44
    "Individual Jehovah?s Witnesses have made predictions over the years regarding specific dates and events that have not come to pass.These predictions were never supported by the Governing Body or the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society"

Then how does this writer explain THIS 1970 special talk?

alt

*** km 7/70 p. 3 Announcements ***

A new circuit assembly program is scheduled to begin in September. We believe you will find it most informative and upbuilding. The public talk will be "Who Will Conquer the World in the 1970?s?"

This special talk is discussed in this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/95053/1.ashx

In that thread JWD user Bluebaldes made the following posting:

I remember that talk. " Poor Johnnie! Poor Johnnie! Poor Johnnie! He can't go out and play with the other kids on the block. Poor Johnnie! He don't have any fun, no holidays, birthday parties. Poor Johnnie! The only kid on his block that will conquer the world in th 1970's! The only kid on his block who will survive Armaggedon!

There was a big laugh when he whined about poor Johnnie. Who is laughing now? Poor Circuit Overseer, all worn out since then carrying on the same old facade

So is this wiki article writer suggesting that some MANUSCRIPT special talks have been announced and given WITHOUT the approval or support of the Governing Body?

The Wiki statement is ridiculous, especially to anyone who had associated with the Witnesses during that time period.

--VM44

• Arthur
    Arthur
    That's what happens when anybody can put what they want to in something which tries to pass for a reference source. It also ilusstrates why one should be careful using Wikipedia.
    Forscher

This is exactly what I was thinking. It's totally insane. If anybody can just go in and delete any information or data that is not to their own personal liking; why the hell should anybody even take Wikipedia seriously? From now on; I certainly won't.

• Lady Lee
  • R6Laser
    R6Laser
    They sure must have some people working fulltime in the legal department revising it back to what is acceptable to GB. There are more of us than them!

LOL. More of use than them? Understatement if there ever was one. If that were the case the Wikipedia information would not change. Anyways Wikipedia is not known as a place to get accurate information on anything for the simple fact that everyone who wants to can edit it. Another big issue made about something so stupid.

• Zico
    Zico

Seriously R6, why do you post on this board?

• avengers
    avengers
    Within days the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society submitted a formal request for disassociation removing all association with the United Nations [98] , and released a letter stating that the reason for becoming associated with the United Nations Department of Information (DPI) was to access library resources, and that they had not been aware of the change in language contained in the criteria for NGO association [99] .

I like this though

the reason for becoming associated

They admit associating with the "Wild Beast".

What more do you want?

I went to a whore last night; just to read the books she has in her library. (wonder if you could get away with that line of reasoning when confronted with a JC?)

lol. Andy

ps. I didn't really go to a whore, said this just to show the totally screwed up way of thinking of the WT.

• rebel8
    rebel8

ummmmmmm..............I'm all for "keeping up the vigil"......but I don't know how! I went to Wiki and took a stab at adding stuff, and it just errored out....multiple times.

If there is something us non-tecchies can do to help keep the Wiki site honest...I need somebody to spell it out for me....I don't get it....and I don't have the patience for overly technical stuff, so if it's too complex, I probably won't do it.

Is there a simpler way to support this project?

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

While I was requesting information on certain reverts, (edits made to a prior version) of some work I was updating in the introduction, I visited Jeffro's page and found this link at the bottom:

http://www.witnesspedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

I am not sure what to make of it right now, but it does incite a smirk.

..truth.ceeker..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit