Were dinosaurs part of a pre-Adamic "paradise"?

by M.J. 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• simon17
    simon17

One of my best friends says that Jehovah created dinosaurs so that we as humans today could have oil. Now I know how ridiculous he is...

In my discussions with one JW, they said the same thing. This is now the third time a JW has reverted to this, and none of them sound like critical thinkers so clearly this MUST have been in print or convention outlines or something at one time.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    " there is ample evidence that dinosaurs, (or Dragons as they were called untill the 19th century..." Nnambo, page 2

Aaaaarrrgh....

I have got to finish my piece - and post it on this site - on the real definition of ancient peoples of "dragons" - it DOESN'T mean "dragon" in the modern sense, AT ALL!!!

• Bells
    Bells

Wait a sec...

So JW's really believe that all animals that existed before Adam - were vegetarian!? For real!? So T-Rex and everything?

Or have I misunderstood something...

I think it's a bit wierd that JW's don't teach that they should be vegetarian if this is the case... It seems another example of picking and choosing which parts to acknowledge and which parts to ignore. I get that they go with 'this is the world we live in now' or something, and probably compare it to obeying the human / government law, although they are really not part of this world.

But if they accept that vegetarianism is what J intended, but are ok to eat meat in this life, why can't the same principle be applied to say - homosexuality...? So 'we know that J did not intend for humans to be homosexual, however as a result of Adam's sin, things became imperfect. Some people will be born deformed - some people born as homosexuals - so it's ok to live like that and you will be 'fixed' when you get to paradise. You'll then be a perfect hetro vegetarian.

ps for the record - I do not consider homosexuality to be any kind of deformity - just in case anyone misses the point here.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I gotcha, Bells...

You're using an example to illustrate the idiocy of the Watchtower corporation's twisted reasoning!!

And we definitely don't have to take your example literally...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit