What are you reading - Summer 2006?

by eyeslice 37 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I have never read Angels and Demons, but I really like the Dan Brown novels I have read. Davinci Code, Deception Point, and the one I'm reading right now: Digital Fortress.

• Nowman
    Nowman

My girlfriend is listening to the "Deception Point" CDs while in her car, she loves it so far...Yet, shes the one who told me to read Angels and Demons...lol. So, after I am done with Da Vinci code (after A & D), I will attempt to read Deception Point.

Nikki

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Another recent read:
    A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth
    A huge novel of over 1500 pages. Set in India in the early 1950s, it is a bit of an Indian soap opera. It is useful if you have a basic knowledge of Hindi words. There is a liberal scattering of Hindi terms, e.g. nimbu pani (lemon water), but there is no glossary.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Just finished the Qur'an and No god but God The Origins, Evolution, and Future of Islam by Reza Aslan and haven't picked up anything else yet. I have a copy of The Cloister and the Hearth by Charles Reade sitting here which I may read in between trips to the book store (70 miles away).

Reading lots of children's books...over and over...to my daughter.

~Merry

• Odrade
    Odrade

Strange Piece of Paradise by Terri Jentz. This is the story of the girl who got hacked up with an ax by a crazy man just outside of Bend, OR in the late 70s. It's a really good read, very compelling.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

'Would you Blame Me?' - a womans story of survival and dream of revenge. Not an intellectual read by any means but one persons journey through a life of abuse and arriving at the other end, it is very simply real. swife.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Odrade, I read Strange Piece of Paradise a few weeks ago. You're right, it's kind of a strange read, but very compelling--and I found the resolution quite satisfying.

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

I'm reading I, Judas and The Great Mortality.

Listening to Night in my car.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit