What are you reading - Summer 2006?

by eyeslice 37 Replies latest jw friends

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

i am trying to finish 'Atlas Shrugged' for the 10th time, and am reading 'The Doula Book' for school. bf recommended 'The Lost Books of the Bible and Forgotten Books of Eden'.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

limbogirl
    I have been thinking of reading The Bookseller of Kabul. I have heard that it is good - let me know what you think.
    Eyeslice

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

diamondblue1974 - hey man I just bought Human Traces yesterday. Still on chapter one!
    I read Birdsong last year - an excellent novel describing the hell of the trenches in the first world war. Quite sad really.
    eyeslice

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

The Time Traveler's Wife - Niffenegger...I enjoyed this book and would enjoy a sequel, if one is ever written.

Otherland, volumes 1-4 - Williams...Each volume is over 650+ pages, so the series is proving to be a lengthy read.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I am reading Angels and Demons, then I will move on to Da Vinci Code.....

• serendipity
    serendipity

I finished Da Vinci Code and will move on to Angels & Demons.

I'm reading Women who Run with Wolves at the moment.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I read "Angels and Demons" last month and guessed the end well in advance

I'm back at my studies now. "Learning and Language" in Psychology 101.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

doinmypart - read Time Traveller's wife lasat year. Obviously not a good JW -"if there was an Olympics for oral sex, she would be a champion" - I am sure the quote is quite right but you get the drift.

I have read Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code - what a crap writer - I only wish I could do better myself and make a fortune.
    Eyeslice

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

"Lifelong Fitness" by Bob Delmonteque. The man is 80 years old!

• Nowman
    Nowman

I 3/4 through with Angels and Demons and it was suggested I read it because it was soooo awesome. So, I am reading it and I will finish it but it is a book that I can put down. I honestly think its kind of boring. Im at a part where its interesting, then it gets boring again...but I will finish it to the end. I am not sure about how I feel about the writing, but I have learned alot about the conclave, the Vatican, cardinals, Swiss Army...etc. I can say I have been educated on the subject, thats for sure. But, if people ask me what I think, which they already have...I tell them its boring. Yet, so many people have loved this book, I just don't get it, so far anyway, as to WHY. I love to read, I love books that I can't put down....

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit