My Observation...How Come?

by wozadummy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

I've nearly finished reading the 2 Ray Franz books and I've been on this forum for a few months and I've wondered about this:

On both the books and the forum much is said about the Watchtower lying ,misleading ,being a false prophet ,having no conscience toward the after effects of decisions they have made that have effected peoples lives ,even sometimes tragically.

Well ,OK ,but my observation is this :Very rarely ,if at all, does anyone say DIRECTLY that the Watchtower is lead and influenced by Satan.Does this mean that :

Ones have lost faith in God /religion because of the Watchtower org and now don't really believe in Satan now

Or never believed in Satan as a person but only as a concept

Are scared to actually come forward and say that Satan uses the Watchtower for surely most would say they think the org is responsible for some horrible things (the Malawi/Mexico card issue)

The Watchtower has always blamed the world for being in Satan hands 2 Cor 4;4 so why is it that it appears that ones who leave and stand in direct opposition to the Watchtower do not in turn put the focus back on the Watchtower for being lead by Satan

Any one else wondered this ,or are we just locked in to the concept that all religion is just run by imperfect people who have no real right to say God is using them?

Steve

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Very rarely ,if at all, does anyone say DIRECTLY that the Watchtower is lead and influenced by Satan

They aren't led by Satan, they are just a bunch of stale old farts leaking their odious stench into the world. Seriously, not many here believe that satan is real - a few like Shining One but they are the exception.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    it appears that ones who leave and stand in direct opposition to the Watchtower do not in turn put the focus back on the Watchtower for being lead by Satan

Just because they've embarassed themselves by going on record making assinine acusations, doesn't mean we need to.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Society doing business as Jehovah's Witnesses, is a business and it's owners made two very important discoveries.
    1. People have money.
    2. People are stupid.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Nicolai

Thanks for that ,I am serious at understanding things like this . I guess when one joins a forum it's because of some common interest or belief but in this forum it's not about say an interest in motor bikes that is in common ,but here it's about a religion and leaving .

I guess hearing viewpoints like yours it helps to know where a person fits in ,I mean if indeed most don't believe Satan exists anymore and someone here does, then the question comes up as to whether that person is realyy in the wrong place.

Steve

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Runningman & gary

Excellent points ,I guess I'm asking this so I get to know others here better ,but I am trying to understand others point of view apart from my own opinions that were formulated by leaving the org. I still believe satan exists and have not rejected the bible and Ray Franz has'nt but I'm puzzled as to why he has'nt come out and said satan is influencing the Watchtower to mislead people from Bible truth. Guess I'll have to write him if I can find an address.

Steve

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Unlike a lot of posters here, I believe in good and evil, Jehovah, Jesus and Satan. Some days I have my doubts but I like the story and I want to believe it.

As far as your question about the Society being led by Satan, I believe that they are. In fact, I feel that religion in general is a tool of Satan. Anything that controls your mind to the extent that JW's do, and for that matter the majority of earths religions, has to be wicked. It should be by your own heart that you make decisions and when people fiddle with your heart strings and try to tune them to what they want it is just wrong.

Loruhamah

• thepackage
    thepackage

WTS is not run by Satan. He's too smart and know's the 607 is a lie!

• lesterd
    lesterd

Have you not heard, "the whole world lays in the power of the wicked one"? The society taught that is was once part of Christendom. so whats different today?

• Quandry
    Quandry

I have wondered if Satan is really that interested in what humans do. Why does he care what a religion teaches? I do believe in God (yes, Jehovah), Jesus, and Satan. But do I think that he directs organizations of religion?

I think now that perhaps CT Russell was interested in following God, as were many around his time period. They all, however, wanted to make their own beliefs paramount and all attributed their understandings to "light from God."

It is clear that now, finding out that Russell based his beliefs on the measurement of a pyramid, and the rediculous writings from the next president, about vaccinations, etc. they could not have been directly guided by God.

I can no longer believe with the unwavering blind faith that I really once did. I bought into the whole notion that one does not question the GB because it equated to being disobedient to Moses.

It really boils down to the self-perception by these men that they are directed from God and are to be viewed as infallable. Like the Pope. Like the pronouncements of Moses.

Perhaps Satan is laughing at all people today. Why does he need to intervene? The WT Society does a good job daily of casting people away, pehaps because they chose not to die by taking a transfusion, or because they were willing to admit that they have a hard time believing dogma that can change year to year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit