How many meetings could you miss in a row and no questions asked?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance
    The best bit was the Presiding Overseer missed 10 straight Sunday meetings. I mentioned this to my mother who wouldn't believe me.

I would assume he is out giving talks at other halls.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I could only miss one meeting. "Hi Nos! We missed you at the last meeting!" That really started to get to me. They never talked to me anyway, so how the hell would they be able to miss me? When my meeting attendance became sporatic, people quit making that comment, and it was replaced with "It's good to see you!" When my meeting attendance continued to be sporatic, they just quit talking to me altogether.

Now that's love in action!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve missed well over 4,000 meetings,and not a word from anybody!..Good luck trying to find me in the Canadian Wilderness!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Me and the kids once missed two months of meetings. My daughter and I were really sick and I kept my son home with me because my hubby was a MS and had parts all the time. NOT ONE person asked about me or called to see if we were o.k. NOT EVEN the pharisees elders.

When I finally got better, my hubby stayed home for one evening with the kids so I could get some junk spiritual food, And you should have seen the looks! The PO came up to me and asked "you mean your hubby is not here?". I'm like "thats right he is home with the kids". He looked at me like I had three heads. I knew right away my hubby was more important to them than I was. From then on I missed many other meetings.

I missed if the kids had a slight temperature elevation, a cough, a runny nose, if I had a headache, was tired, had my period, the cat looked ill, I was waiting an important call from work, it was raining, it was snowing, it was too windy.........etc.........etc................Lilly

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

too windy... LOL. I love that.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I stayed away for about 3 months straight. No meetings. No Field service. No calls. No visits.

First meeting back and the PO has me reading the Watchtower.

I went back one last time 2 years later for the Memorial.

• morty
    morty
    ......I asked once if I needed a note from the doctor.

LMAO........and what was their reply blondie??

• blondie
    blondie

One elder was embarrassed, the other actually wanted a report from my doctor. The embarrassed elder pulled him away before I could respond.

Blondie

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I would calculate about 4680 but I never got baptised, so that could have someting to do with it.

I left after the 1975 debacle. Maybe Elders wern't too keen on asking my reasons back then.

I have had every kind of emotional blackmail ever used by the WT from my family since then, but I'm not counting them.

Now that I am 'studying the WT' my family won't even give me the latest mags. LOL

• vitty
    vitty

About 2........................My hubby one !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit