do you believe in the stars?

by Cordelia 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

obviously not the real stars everyone believes they're there!

but ive been interested in everything i couldnt be as a jw, ghosts ghouls, been to a wicker thing with sirona , had a physic reading etc

and ive just got a kit on how the stars influence your life and how you can do a birth chjart or something, but i dont understand it, and just wondered if anyof you guys are into it and can explain it to me?

im a scorpio, and yes im very passionate!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ima typical aquarian. Itsa fun hobby.

• luna2
    luna2
    been to a wicker thing with sirona

A wicker thing, like one of those home parties where they sell you wicker?

I've never been terribly into horoscopes and stuff. Might be interesting to do just for fun. I don't know if everybody could find something of themselves in any of the signs of the zodiac, but I've always felt that I rather fit my sign (gemini).

• blondie
    blondie

Do you mean astrology? If so, no. I think the charts need to be updated to fit the positions of the stars today. Second, I have 11 family members born under the same sign.........and we couldn't all be more different.

I think there are better ways to make choices for the future.

Blondie

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

noooooooooo

except i believe in me

and i'm gonna be a star baby

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    obviously not the real stars everyone believes they're there!

Nope. Someone just painted all those dots on a very high ceiling.

W

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I occasionaly read my horoscope, and use a Magic 8 Ball to make all the important decisions in my life. The secret to the 8 Ball is that it is never wrong, IF you ask it the same question enough times.

I'm Aries, and yes, I am passionate, intelligent, wary, trusting, talented, etc etc.

S4

PS - Sorry, astrology has been proven completely unreliable. But if it does get you to think about things in a new way at times, that's a good thing.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Astrology is utter nonsense. You can just as well apply any horoscope given for any person to anyone else, any time.

The skeptical debunker James Randi once performed an experiment with astrology believers. He had a professional astrologist make up horoscopes for various birth dates, and then distributed them completely randomly to a good sized group of believers. Every one of them said, "Yes! This is me! I'll follow its advice!" When Randi later revealed to the group that the horoscopes were randomly distributed, not a single person was bothered.

Believing in astrology is intellectually at least as bad as believing that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's people.

AlanF

• Arthur
    Arthur

Hey, if it worked for Ronald & Nancy Reagan, maybe it will work for me !

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

I believe that the bio-electrical system is affected by the electro-magnetic forces in the universe... or something like that... lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit