Did Jesus have a job?

by pseudoxristos 20 Replies latest jw friends

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Or did he just freeload off of everyone?

Seriously, who would follow such a character?

pseudo

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Jesus was a carpenter, but he really didn't know what he was supposed to do until after he turned 30ish. That's what I was told!

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

I think he just kind of cruised/drifted around... maybe a hooker or two here and there. Ask the mormons, they'll tell you.

All I can say is, He'd better be glad he didn't try to cruise/drift through the Pacific Northwestern town of Hope back in the '80s! Brian Dennehy would have busted his rump and thrown him in the pokie after a good washdown!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I've heard he was a good wine maker...that'll draw crowds.

• JH
    JH

Jesus was in the cleaning business, and could go to all his meetings...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They say he was a carpenter,but he also had other jobs..A magician:Walked on water,raised the dead..Had a catering business:Remember all the people he fed..Worked as a bouncer:Cleared out the money changers at the temple..A regular Jack of all Trades..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• parakeet
    parakeet

***Or did he just freeload off of everyone?***

I don't know much about the culture of the Middle East 2000 years ago, but I believe in India and in the Far East, it was considered an honorable profession for holy men to wander the countryside begging for food. By casting off all ties to society and even to their own physical bodies, they hoped to grow closer to the sacred divine. And it was considered an act of great virtue on the part of those who offered food to these holy monks.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Did Jesus have a job?

Now thats just silly. He didnt need to freeload. I mean... come.. on. He could make a loaf of bread and a fish last for dayyyyyys. He could make fish spit out temple tax coins by the hundreds if he wanted. Pffft!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Let's not forget he could go 40 days without eating and drinking. How cheap it would be to live when you only need to eat 9 times a year?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Jesus was like "Neo", "The One". People would bring him food in exchange for the healing powers that he had. Just the way he talked mesmerized them. Heck, if I saw someone walk on water, and change water to wine, make one loaf of bread and a fish feed a large crowd, expel demons, and then the most miraculous thing stop a women from bleeding (That man, Jesus, is a bad mother*bleep*! Now, shut yo' mouf! ... but I'm talkin' 'bout Jesus! I can dig it. Can you dig it?), who had been bleeding for years! Didn't she just touch his robe or something like that? Man, that's awesome!

Word! Yeah, that's what they called him, too. "The Word was with God and he was a God".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit