..Comfort Food..

by OUTLAW 24 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You`ve just come down with a bad cold or you`ve got a terrible case of the flu..Maybe you`ve been partying all night.You`ve just woken up.You feel like the cat crapped in your mouth and pulled your eye lids over your chin to bury it..LOL!!..What foods do you enjoy to comfort you,when your not feeling well?...OUTLAW

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. I do try to eat fruit, like bananas as well, but chocolate is what does it for me.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

heinz tomato soup

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Ice cream

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Mashed potatoes and chicken gravy with a fried egg on top (sunny side up, of course)...

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Maybe you`ve been partying all night.You`ve just woken up.You feel like the cat crapped in your mouth and pulled your eye lids over your chin to bury it..

Well I must say I'm glad I have never had this experience

• chicken noodle soup - actually has beneficial effect on colds
    • Kraft dinner (for those of you non-Canadians macaroni and cheese from a mix) - fast and easy to make when you are feeling crappy
    • and macaroni and cheese with tomatoes home cooked
    • lots and lots of juices and a couple of big boxes of extra soft tissues
    • I already take all the pain meds so hopefully they will do double duty and work on the sinus headache
    • ice cream and jello
  • dobbie
    dobbie

That was a lovely way of putting it outlaw ha ha!

When i feel ill my husband makes his speciality (actually its the only thing he can cook) Volcano eruption he calls it!He cooks loads of peppery mashed potato and models it up on the plate into a huge volcano, then fills the top with baked beans which spill down the side - the lava-luckily i have been veggie for years and am used to beans etc otherwise after eating all the beans he uses there'd be a volcanic eruption of a different kind coming from me!

• moshe
    moshe

any of my homemade soups will make me feel better,

Matzo ball, turkey noodle, Short rib -vegetable, Oyster Stew with real butter and rich milk, potato corn chowder( w/any kind of white fish). And some homemade rolls or foccia bread to dip in the broth.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

fruit smoothie

Double chocolate chunk cookie bars

Heath Bar Crunch

Fried Ravioli with Marinara sauce

Homemade Beef stew with homemade rolls

• juni
    juni

Sounds good Moshe.

Baked potato and a banana popsicle.

Share this