JW gets saved at the flea market.

by lisavegas420 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

This video is about 12 minutes long. A young woman that says in the very beginning that she is a JW, is stopped at the flea market and witnessed to by someone that is encourging her to be 'born again'. At the end of the video he prays with her and she accepts Jesus as her savior.

The video says they are in Raleigh NC maybe someone will reconize her.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2776251318052789992&q=jehovah

lisa

• KW13
    KW13

there was something odd about how she 'just converted' but if its real good for her.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I wondered at the ease with which the guy persuaded her. I know I wouldn't have been so easily persuadable when I was a committed jw, I'd have been trying a lot harder to persuade him. If she has really left the jws though, good on her.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I think she is a fader....because she used expressions and says things that just don't seem right.

As a JW, I would have been running away from this man. I doubt even now I would have stayed to listen to what he had to say.

lisa

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I'd like to know if this guy might have given her a push back towards the Kingdom Hall. If she was indoctrinated when she was young, she doesn't get that its a cult and may go back.

I can definately tell she's not a current dub because she's not arguing about every single thing he says!

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• Honesty
    Honesty
    there was something odd about how she 'just converted' but if its real good for her.

I've personally seen people accept Jesus within 5 minutes of 'bumping' into a born again. Within 6 months their lives have been totally turned around and they have a certain glow about them. Maybe, just maybe it's a God thing and He's just using the born agains as His vessels like He did Peter and Paul and those other guys in Acts.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I wondered at the ease with which the guy persuaded her. I know I wouldn't have been so easily persuadable when I was a committed jw, I'd have been trying a lot harder to persuade him. If she has really left the jws though, good on her.

Born agains who are trained in effective evangelism strategy have been able to break through the Watchtower brainwashing in a few minutes. All it takes is a person who is not afraid to reason and think about what they are hearing. You can see the born agains in action against the Watchtower on beliefnet.com They set the jw's up and wait for them to start spouting the latest Watchtower "New Light". That's when they use what the Watchtower has printed themselves and let the jw see how the doctrines and prophecies change. One of the reasons the Watchtower tries to keep the jw's off the internet is because an informed jw is usually an ex-jw in a few weeks or months.

• parakeet
    parakeet

***I've personally seen people accept Jesus within 5 minutes of 'bumping' into a born again.***

I bumped into a BA at the grocery store many years ago. For five minutes he kept telling me that "I know Jesus loves you" with an eerie smile on his face and a deer-in-the-headlights look in his eyes. I backed away from him slowly as I edged toward the exit. I can imagine people might want to "accept" Jesus just to get away from them.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    I backed away from him slowly as I edged toward the exit. I can imagine people might want to "accept" Jesus just to get away from them.

I had something happen to me like what you described, and I also walked away. It was kinda freaky. But in this video, she looked as if she was really thinking about what he was saying. I think she's been finished with the Dubs for a while because she could never be "good enough". It seems he caught her at a time when she already felt "helpless". He seemed to know how to bring her out a bit. I also noticed he had a way to talk with her in a warmth tone and not like a "crazed, 'God loves you'" type way.

It will either do 2 things... it will push her to try to go back to the meetings. But then she'll feel like she has to admit to all her sins and she'll probably get disfellowshipped. Or she'll fall away even futher from the Borg and hopefully she can start looking into other options as well as being a BA.

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

Is anyone else having trouble hearing it? The audio is almost non-existent.

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks,

NowImFree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit