JW gets saved at the flea market.

by lisavegas420 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I bumped into a BA at the grocery store many years ago. For five minutes he kept telling me that "I know Jesus loves you" with an eerie smile on his face and a deer-in-the-headlights look in his eyes. I backed away from him slowly as I edged toward the exit.

They have changed their tactics in last 5 years.

• glitter
    glitter

I'm watching it now.

Christ that guy is an arsehole.

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hello,
    Not trying to brag, but I am very at ease now with witnessing, having been saved by the Lord over six years ago. I hated to 'witness' as a witness, sharing my religion as I am now sharing Jesus under the power of the Holy Spirit. Friends in ministry recognized the boldness after it came upon me suddenly following a particulary amazing prayer session with a fellow believer.
    He described it as 'hearing the heartbeat for the lost that the Lord Himself has'. I get goose pimples just thinking aobut it sometimes and when people see the light of Jesus in their eyes for the first time it is an awesome experience! Whenever there is a event or campaign I get invited to go or often lead prayer walking/witnessing efforts.
    I have no idea how many have prayed with me. Sometimes two or three in a family, one time a waitres at a Cracker Barrel and when visiting her again another waitress prayed ro receive Jesus. Two ladies at a bar on different days (yes, I go where the sinners are! LOL). My mom and grandmother (a week before she died, 50 years a JW!) have both gotten saved. I am taking no credit as the whole thing is quite beyond me. The Lord has given me boldness and a quick insight into where people are at (with God).
    I like to use my testimony in preaching for various churches and even do a counter cult ministry. All cults practice the same kind of schemes and scams. Satan has not much imagination, he is just consistently effective at using the same old hereies in religions. Gnosticism is just one that is repeated over and over again. That and confusing the nature of God, araianism, modalism, oneness. When you see a group claiming to be the 'only true Christians' or they harbor heretical doctrines that is the tip off that they are cults hiding behind the Bible. God Bless,
    Rex

• under_believer
    under_believer

Rex, it sounds to me like you traded one set of jargon for another.
    It's amazing to me that anyone could be religious again after being a Witness--were you a convert, or were you born and raised in?

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    it sounds to me like you traded one set of jargon for another.

There is a couple of biased opinions here. NEVER forget what happened last time...

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    Maybe, just maybe it's a God thing and He's just using the born agains as His vessels like He did Peter and Paul and those other guys in Acts.
    Maybe, just maybe it's a God thing and He's just using the born agains as His vessels like He did Peter and Paul and those other guys in Acts.
    They have changed their tactics in last 5 years.
    Not trying to brag, but I am very at ease now with witnessing, having been saved by the Lord over six years ago. I hated to 'witness' as a witness, sharing my religion as I am now sharing Jesus under the power of the Holy Spirit. Friends in ministry recognized the boldness after it came upon me suddenly following a particulary amazing prayer session with a fellow believer.
    When you see a group claiming to be the 'only true Christians' or they harbor heretical doctrines that is the tip off that they are cults hiding behind the Bible.

I'm not trying to dog anyones beliefs, but this sounds all too familiar. JMHO

• Shining One
    Shining One

Under, It is sad that you mistake the relationship with God for a dead religion. Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

>I'm not trying to dog anyones beliefs, but this sounds all too familiar. JMHO The easiest believed lie is the one with some basis of truth. Take a look at the way Satan twists the scriptural text in his statements in the Bible. The same tactic works so well that most of the world is enthralled by it. Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit