How to leave Jehovah's Witnesses (fairly) painlessly...

by DubBeachBabe 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, Wonderwoman-I like a woman who takes charge. But in this case, it might be--if it isn't broken, don't fix it. Seems you are in a pretty comfortable position right now. Your sister seems to be reasonable, but if pushed, she would have some hard choices to make. Something to think about.

• sspo
    sspo

Good counsel, it's best to walk away then to be df and lose your family.

• Purza
    Purza

Welcome Wonderwoman!

When I was a teenager I was disfellowshipped. After I was reinstated I swore to never be DF'd again. I faded about 5 or 6 years ago now, moved away and no one has bothered me. I faded 1) because I didn't want to give them any control over me and 2) because I still have some family that talks to me. Of course one of my parents has blabbed to others about me and what I have done. Some care, some don't. It all depends on the person.

If you are successfully faded and can still have contact with family members, then that seems ideal (given the wacky circumstances of a JW's mindset).

Purza

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    Isn't it interesting that in the JW religion, 13,14,15 year-olds are considered old enough, and mature enough to make these kinds of huge, life-altering decisions. Yet, an 18 or 19 year old is too young and immature to make the decision to get married

Oh but it's old enough to make the "right" decision to get baptized but not the "wrong" one that you don't want to ever get baptized.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I can smoke cigars or even have sex with a buffalo if I want,

So, do you smoke the cigars, before or after your 'time' with the buffalo?

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

hey, don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Pain is just weakness leaving the body

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Some have gotten gungho elders off of their backs by answering truthfully but ambiguously. For example, one of the main questions elders ask is: "Do you believe that God is using this organization?" To this some have answered: "Its very possible since God can use anyone to accomplish his will." Answers such as this combined with fading can lead elders to think that you are just one of the many people with doubts that need to 'shown mercy' according to the book of James.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit