My DF'd brother will never go back!

by AuldSoul 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Some years ago my brother was disfellowshipped. Not for apostasy, but for more mundane reasons. He has not had the Internet, he has not studied the Bible much since being disfellowshipped, he has been feeling guilty and considering returning for the last six months.

I had no way of contacting him, having lost touch in the midst of his many moves. I had not talked with him in 6 years. He found out my phone number from his ex-wife and called about five weeks ago. After only a few hours of discussion over the course of 5 weeks, he no longer feels guilty and says he will never go back.

The Internet helped make me convinced. I have been helping others out and helping those already out to confidently stay out ever since. Now I have a relative out for good, and I have my brother back! Just wanted to share this little success.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That is such great news. I'm happy for you and your brother that you have found each other again.

Josie

• Bryan
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

Cool beans Auld Soul!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Good for you AS, and good for him, not going back to that crap.

My bf would be able to identify with how you feel, he says helping me out of the borg is one of his proudest achievements.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

What good news Auld Soul, how relieved you must be! May you have a great time reuniting with him.

I have been helping others out and helping those already out to confidently stay out ever since

I know you have definitley played a part in my and my husbands way out.... and for that, I Thank you!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Way to Go!
    There are more out there in your bothers position than most JWs realize. In fact, I would go as far as to say that there are more baptized JWs OUTSIDE the organization than there are inside the organization as 'active' members.
    With over 18 million in memorial attendence but only 6+ million as active members we all know there cannont be that many 'newbies' to the religion. These are people who where once associated and are on the fringes of the religion. All it takes is a good push in the right direction and they are able to see how faulty the JW religion is.
    Jw's just don't realize that they make more inactive and ex-members than they do new members. Kind of strange huh?

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

That's good news AS!!! Glad you have your brother back....

Swalker

• Honesty
    Honesty

GOOD DEAL!!!!

• arwen
    arwen

I'm happy to hear the good news about your brother. He must be thankful he made that phone call to you! I hope you can rekindle your friendship with him. All the best.......Arwen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit