thirdwitness—Can you Scripturally support JW dogma?

by AuldSoul 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

BTTT

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

thirdwitness: You have been restricted to 5 posts and no threads. You will be advised to use your posts to deal with the concerns raised.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/120542/2127168/post.ashx#2127168

• Zico
    Zico

Thirdwitness will never respond to this thread because he can't respond to it. I've challenged him on the UN thread, and via PM, to discuss the Mexico/Malawi issues, but he's ignored that challenge as well. Even on threads where he does post, he ignores any argument he can't deal with.

• blondie
    blondie

No Pearls Before Swine

I'm a survivor of sexual abuse myself and have seen first hand how the WTS handles such cases.

Why waste any more energy on a person that has no interest in helping survivors of abuse and is an abuser themselves based on their posts.

Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Blondie:

tick.....tick.......tick......

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why waste any more energy on a person that has no interest in helping survivors of abuse and is an abuser themselves based on their posts.

Exactly. This person seems to be interested in reopening the wounds of victims here.

W

• Confession
    Confession
    thirdwitness: You have been restricted to 5 posts and no threads. You will be advised to use your posts to deal with the concerns raised.

Ozzie,

Why was 3rdWitness so limited? His posts can provide a lovely backdrop for lurkers to see the falsity of the WTS. Might this limitation not provide a fairly supportable complaint that this board is attempting to squelch his views?

I've found you to be a reasonable person. Don't mean to find fault unnecessarily; just curious about this.

Confession

• I_am_an_idiot
    I_am_an_idiot

I'm a bit confused about this thread.

Can you clarify? Are you questioning that Witnesses require baptism or why they require knowledge of the scriptures before being baptised?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I_am_an_idiot: is it a coincidence that you have the same IP hash as SwordOfJah?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It would be futile to scripturally support JW dogma on this thread. Can it be done? YES, but it would be done JW style with principle taking the place of logic and proof. (If man has proved something and the NWT doesn't mention it specifically, but generically, then God's Faithful and Discreet Slave can reason from men's research and prove that Jehovah meant a certain thing- ie: smoking is bad for you and pollutes the body, so Jehovah said "don't smoke" where the scriptures say to present your body as a clean sacrifice to him.)

Every one of the doctrines can be supported that way, but only an assimilated JW would accept the argument in 98.7% of the cases. (Okay, I made that percentage up, who knows?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit