What Bethel has done per their information Line

by puppylove 28 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well bx,

What can I say after that.

However, I would really like some verifiable information on all this mess.

Marvin and Alan F have said some things that have just shocked me. And now a PR video? - What the hell.

Anyway, just donated my 50 bucks to the Salvation Army for the relief efforts here in Ktown. Hope it helps those who have lost their mothers and fathers.

hawk (Note to Bx. - My Email serve is a day and a 1/2 behind - thus, anything sent to me or from me to you I will not read until Monday)

• lydia
    lydia

So very sad that the org that was so busy making a PR video had to shut the doors and lock them!!
    That way thier real hypocracy would not be seen. If this is all they have to offer to those suffering now ( not counting those Stupid self-rightoeus tracts and PR papers of all the good this will bring)
    It truely shows how far from Christ they have gone.
    Woe to the Samaritains...
    They are like the Pharasees!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

nytelecom1,

Put it this way. I know someone who didn't even have enough money to pay her bills this month. Let alone help the victoms as she would like to have. She did however donate all the money she had on her to help out. Small as it was, I know it is appreciated.

Did not Jesus relate the story of the good Samaritan? We should do good to ALL, not just those who happen to be of our faith. As was stated above considering how much the WTBTS has, they could do far more than they did.

Lilacs

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I hope this is true. I hope that it isn't just WT PR trying to "look good to the world" once again. I hope that this was a genuine humanitarian effort. I hope that it wasn't the case of the miser making a showy display of contributing a "widow's mite" while continuing to hoard the rest.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Well, I for one am glad they did what was only humanly decent, even if they had to be shamed into doing it. And yes, so far as it looks, it appears to be the equivalent of Bill Gates giving 10 dollars to the homeless. Could we shame them into doing a little more? Hey, I don't care who, what or how, just as long as those people suffering in New York get help. Oh well, it's a start. They can't wall themselves off from the world forever--it goes against human nature! There's real caring human beings in the Organization, and I'm determined to drive them out of the closet and admit that they are human beings capable of loving ALL, and showing it (NO, NOT by selling their silly magazines!--by reaching out in real ways to re connect with the human race).
    Peace,
    Bridgette

• waiting
    waiting

This is a quote from one of our posters, Michael 3000, who lives in NY and was stuck in his office building during the attack:

"We are giving blood, and I am volunteering for Search & Rescue efforts through the Red Cross. I feel that since I was lucky enough to not die that day, I owe it to those who may still be alive and trapped in that pile of rubble to try and find them."

I think what he's doing is great. Mav. (who posts as Patriot) is a policeman in NY assigned to K9 (canine) unit - and along with his 135lb Doberman named Blackbart - is working 16 hour shifts still searching for survivors.

These are both former jw's. They are the same people they were when they were active jw's.

Where are the fine young jw's from Bethel? Why aren't they doing as these men - actually helping their neighbors physically, actually trying to save lives?

I think it's commendable that the WTBTS is doing something finally. But it pales in comparison to these, and the thousands of other volunteers and organizations.

Strikes of "token service" and we all learned what Jehovah thinks of that!

waiting

• messenger
    messenger

Let me get this straight, a poster called puppylove claims to call bethel, claims they are volunteering information about their relief efforts, claims the specfic things that are being offered in the way of help, excuse me??????

Sounds like a troll trying to win sympathy for WT. Since when does WT have a hotline set up to tell everyone about there relief efforts? Since when has any company or corporation set up a telephone line to TELL the public what they are doing for disaster relief.

Would it not make more sense to have a telephone line to offer direction on how to distribute relief or how to get accommodations or where for relief workers to start working or where to send food or any one of ten thousand other things that might actually be useful?

For anyone to claim to have called bethel and be given a list of what WT has done for relief, sounds a bit to self serving for me to believe.

Get real people.

• larc
    larc

Messenger,

I called Bethel today and got the same information. The number is 1-718-560-5600. Why don't you call yourself and confirm it before you call someone a troll. Since I have been out since 1963, and have the second highest number of posts on this board, I don't think you can consider me a troll. If you are unfamiliar with the contents of my posts, I can give a dozen names here to vouch for my validity.

As I said, why don't you check, like I did, before you lazily and without reason, drop the word troll on someone.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

The WTBTS actually helping someone not a Jdub???? Tell me does anyone know if they are flying the American Flag (not) and if so are they flying it at halfmast????

Have the presses stopped rolling and all who wish to or are encouraged to helping with the recovery effort???? Are the kitchens open 24 hours a day and food being donated to the relief effort.

Are any of these things taking place? I truly hope so, but my guess would be no, not them. Buff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit