What Bethel has done per their information Line

by puppylove 28 Replies latest jw friends

• puppylove
    puppylove

I just spoke to Bryce at Bethel Information Line (hopefully this was not just NYTelecom1 himself).

This is what Bethel has done:

1. Donated batteries and flashlights
    2. Power equipment to cut through concrete
    3. Medical Supplies to the firefighters
    4. They have also offered space and shuttles for the injured.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

PuppyLove,

Thanks for letting us know. I am gratified that the WTBTS IS offering such help!

• Winston
    Winston

So to be truthfull what can that mean?

[QUOTE1. Donated batteries and flashlights
    Gave them 2 flashlites and 2 d size batteries.

2. Power equipment to cut through concrete

1 masonary saw.

[QOUTE]3. Medical Supplies to the firefighters
    Box of regular size bandaids.

4. They have also offered space and shuttles for the injured.[/QUOTE]
    2 vans and opened some of their currantly unused space of which they have plenty.

How long have you LIVED and how long has God LIVED?
    1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to .000000000000000000000000000000001
    Who is like God?[/QUOTE]
  • Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I am proud of the WTS for providing assistance and support. I am glad the stances are softening and it's about time. There's a time to be human and this was it.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Thanks for the information puppylove. Don't be disturbed that some here will spit on it. They reveal their true characters when they do so.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

May I ask WHEN all this help was offered? Was this before or AFTER the irate telephone calls from Witnesses and ex/non-Witnesses upset about the Society's apparent inactivity in the aftermath of the attack?

Inquiring Dungbeetles want to know...

• puppylove
    puppylove

I'm not offended. I truly despise the JW religion and their leaders. I have love for some of the individuals in this religion. I just wanted to know for myself what they say they have done.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

NO NO THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE...THE WTS IS SO IMPOSSIBLE OF THIS..
    THEY ONLY THINK OF THEMSELVES..THEY WOULD NOT DARE GIVE UP A PENNY WHEN THEY COULD BE PUTTING MONEY TOWARDS THE PUBLLICATION!!!!

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

I would hope that this is true. Maybe it is, I don't know. Time distorts facts and propaganda begins. I too would be curious when these supplies were begun. From the 'man on the ground' Tues/Wednesday there was little to no efforts like this. Instead their inital reaction was to close up.

It is also not unheard of for Bethel to take credit for local brother's initative. What I do NOT beleive is that the GB got together and formulated a plan of donations. What I DO beleive is that some of the brothers took it upon themselves to do something.

Sorry I'm such a cynic, but I've seen too much of the way things operate up there to think otherwise.

• roybatty
    roybatty

I hope that this doesn't come across to bitter but that's like Bill Gates giving $10.00 to a homeless person and saying that he's helping the homeless. So I guess now the WT Society can toot their horn and pat themselves on the back and say that "we helped out."
    It's sad that this billion dollar coporation that claims have the most loving people in the world concern themselves only with their own members well being. And don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about. I was at Society directed rescue operation here in Illinois when a tornado wiped out a whole town and I was also involved when a hurricane hit Florida. Did we JWs help people? Yup, other JWs. Once they were taken care of, most of us left. A handful stayed behind and helped out a few non-JWs.

I'm so happy to see all of the churches in my town putting up signs of support and/or grief, all except on church - the local Kingdom Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit