What Bethel has done per their information Line

by puppylove 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hey all,
    I for one am delighted that Bethel is pitching. My question to them, however, is the one they love to bombard us with, i.e ``Brothers, are doing ALL you can?''
    It would seem fair to evaluate their response by weighing three factors: (1) their claim to be the world's only genuine Christians; (2) the immensity of the disaster; and (3) the magnitude and proximity to Ground Zero of their resources.

• mikepence
    mikepence

I unabashedly applaud whatever Bethel is doing and encourage them to do more.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

NYT,

Still missing the point.

OK, lets put it another way.

The 'only true Christians' on this planet reacted to this tragedy by:

Please fill in this space for us.

I also applaud what they have begun to do, I also feel confident in stating that that this is what was requested of them.

HS

• outcast
    outcast

nytelecom,
    I was just like you for years, hoping it just wasn't true. That the organization wasn't as mean and selfish as I had heard through others experiences. Your loyalty is admirable, but it's misplaced. The fact that you are here on this board shows you have doubts. But until something affects you on a personal level, when the doors are locked on you, that's when it will get personal. And we will be here for you, to listen to your pain in losing your religion.

You don't think the society is so stupid to give nothing? They will give the minimal, and then have their media twist it to a wonderful new magazine article.

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

OK. According to their own PR video made right after the attack...

Brought everyone to the dinning room, about 850-900

The thing is most non-JWs would perhaps think these were victims, but when in reality they were Bethelite workers he was talking about.

Then he mentions ...

quite a few in the lobby, all the tourers were brought to the dinning room

SO caring of them to feed the people touring Bethel that day.

Now keep in mind this IS A PR VIDEO!! They are trying to make themselves look as good as possible here. If they were making such a valient effort to reach out and help, where is the video that shows them setting up shelters, food tents, whatever? Where are the pictures of the Bethelites leaving work to go down and donate all these supplies?

I'll tell you where they are - probably right behind the pictures of the 'brothers' drawing the shades and locking the doors so that 'strangers' can't get in.

I'm sorry, but some little PR dweeb talking about donating flashlights, tools, and bandaids doesn't change my mind.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    The fact that you are here on this board shows you have doubts. But until something affects you on a personal level, when the doors are locked on you, that's when it will get personal. And we will be here for you, to listen to your pain in losing your

The question that has yet to be asked is why the doos were locked.
    Mind you they are across the river..Many bethelites were on the roof and witnessedthe 2nd plane crash.. Now you have no idea what is going on and as a New Yorker you know you are being attacked. Those of you in othe parts of the country have no idea what it was like. I work across the river and my building was in lock down. So locking the doors is was natural. Think of it people!! My building wasnt even letting in people who work here.

Seems to me that I mentioned earlier that no matter what the Society did to help out there would still be many who would complain that it was till not enough...after reviewing the beginning of the post and reading the posts that followed..it is just plain sad what many have posted..i am done with this thread.

• outcast
    outcast

Your right, it is all just plain sad. Just remember, we are angry for good reason.

I just finished reading Luke chapter 21.

It has taken on a whole new meaning to me.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I thought I saw a picture of some Bethel workers on the TV. They were picketing a blood donation center with big signs that read "Blood Kills -Stop the Flow"

• outcast
    outcast

And one more thing nytelecom, your building was locked down because it was a business, right? Wer'e talking about a religious building being locked down. Or maybe it is just a business after all.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hi NYT,

You note:

Seems to me that I mentioned earlier that no matter what the Society did to help out there would still be many who would complain that it was till not enough

There is no doubt that this statement is correct and that many posters have perhaps cloaked their real motives when they are seen to attack the WTS, not commendable but perhaps understandable, especially given the highly charged emotions that are often bared on this Board. But please try to see the point.

The WTS however, has not been shining example of Christian love in this situation. As 'Ministers' they would have been granted access to the injured and dying, as were members of other religions, I have not heard of any being there.

Someone personally known to me, has donated $100,000 to the relief fund but did so in anonimity lest the focus be taken from what he termed the 'real givers'. As a well known personality his career would have benefited greatly from the PR, but his character would have been diminished.

You are correct NYT, the WTS are in a 'heads I win, tails you lose' situation where members of this Board are concerned, but have you ever wondered why?

My kindest regards to you - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit