Trinity - HELP!!!

by Hamboozled 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

then why is blasphemy against the holy spirit the unforgiveable sin? that means that the h.s. is greater than even the father. or am i crazy?

• Flash
    Flash
    then why is blasphemy against the holy spirit the unforgiveable sin? that means that the h.s. is greater than even the father. or am i crazy?

I've wrestled with why such importance is placed on following Holy Spirit too. I don't believe its greater than God but something that is very important to Him. It seems to represent something more than just obeying His word. In the Bible the HS is used like a tool, it never manifests itself as an individual being or speaks on its own. I am definately looking forward to understaning its importance fully someday.

• rassillon
    rassillon

Flash : Coolhand, Etal...

to be fair I will state that I personally don't believe in a trinity.

My perspective on the particular conundrum of why the HS gets apparently greater importance is that if the HS is GOD's commands in action, someone sinning against the HS would be activly "knowingly" working against GOD's WILL. But sinning against GOD could be something that in done unknowingly, thus GOD being willing to forgive that.

But I stand in the overall understanding of the trinity is that for us at this point it just isn't important and just distracts from the real message of the bible.

regards,

-r

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There is a lot of support scripturally for the trinity, but no clear definition. The fact that the trinity has been debated for 2000 years is good indication that the bible is unclear on the subject.

I feel the killer scripture is

(John 20:28-29) . . .In answer Thomas said to him: "My Lord and my God!" 29

Jesus said to him: "Because you have seen me have you believed? Happy are those who do not see and yet believe."

Jesus followers viewed him as God, or at least a God. This is a critical concept for the monotheistic Jews. Deut 6:4 says there is only one God, but the Christians viewed Jesus as God. This is well attested by the AnteNicene fathers as well. The only way to reconcile this is to say that Jesus is YHWH, as the Modalists teach, or part of YHWH, as Trinitarians believe.

The difficult thing for a JW is that they have a distorted view of the Trinity. The Trinity brochure is very inaccurate in defining the trininty and deceitful in its quotes. For instance Modalism and Trinitarianism are two opposing views of the nature of God, yet never does the Watchtower Society discuss this, rather mixing the two concepts together when defining the Trininty.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Trinity - HELP!!!

Dont worry Ham. I got word to her, shes on her way!!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Other than on minor points the Trinity doctrine issue was pretty much put to bed about 1600 years ago. While various groups have attempted to raise the spectre of only the Father being Divine, mainstream Christianity has maintained the concept of a triune God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit