Anxiety symptoms

by Silvia Plath 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Silvia Plath
    Silvia Plath

Ever since I stopped my study I have gotten completely depressed, unable to sleep, I really depended on my study group to keep me sane and give me purpose but now my bi-polar symptoms have come back with a vengeance. I thought about going to another church because ruminuating on a creator did help me sleep at night and now I have not slept for four days. I never realized how much I was becoming dependent on the religious structure. I wonder if I'll ever be able to sleep again.

• daystar
    daystar

You will, but it will take time and work. I sleep very deeply these days and without those damnable pesky Armageddon nightmares anymore.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Please get to a doctor . . . today!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

(((Silvia)))

You're not on your own in this. I had more than a few sleepless nights when I left the org myself, and I imagine others did as well.

Don't worry yourself overmuch about it, it will pass. Just remember you've done the right thing walikng away from it, and you'll come to realise that in the long run, if you don't already.

Linda

• hambeak
    hambeak

I too had all of those symptoms especially since I had married and was gay.

But I learned God created us all and Pauls' letter to the Corinthians about having the gift of healing, prophecy etc but if you don't have love you are nothing. So know you are loved by many maybe not jw's but by God and others who are not blind

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

I agree with garybuss!! Try and get yourself checked out by a doc., soon!!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Sylvia,

I agree that you should see a doctor.

IMHO, you are missing the support network more than the actual studying. Do you have other friends as well that you see on a regular basis?

• Gregor
    Gregor

You know that sleeplessness is a sign of a manic episode. This means you may do something with long lasting consequences that you will have to deal with after you get your swing stabilized. As others have advised here, get to a doctor or clinic ASAP

• Mulan
    Mulan

in the meantime, take a good calcium-magnesium supplement and an Omega-3 oil capsule or several. For your nervous system.

• lowden
    lowden

Hey there Ted Hughes' Wife....I've been to your grave. It's in a village called Heptonstall, Hebden Bridge, Yorkshire, England.

Back to the topic though, i agree with Bee that you're missing the company or group situation, the feeling of belonging and worth or importance. It's only natural my friend

Be patient with yourself and time will show you the way to go and the path to take. Becoming involved with another group of some kind would seem like a good idea, even if it's just a 'bi-polar therapy' group.

Maybe try a class to learn something you've always wanted to know how to do.

Mostly, we humans are gregarious animals, we like to be near others and share our lives, it's who we are.

Peace

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit