JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: Inspired, Spirit Directed or Just "Blessed" by God?

by Ms. Whip 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

I haven't been to a meeting in a while, so I need a little update from an active witness....

...or at least an informed Xjw.

ARE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: Inspired, Spirit Directed or Just "Blessed" by God?

I was listening to JR Brown (http://www.wtmedia.org/jrbrown-interview-1.wma ) on the silentlambs website ( http://www.silentlambs.org/ ) and the reporter kept asking him to clarify the same issues over and over. It seemed that Mr. ("Brother") Brown was dancing around quite a bit. The lady reporter asked him if the Jehovah's Witness Organization was inspired by God, then she asked if it was spirit directed...JR went on to say that there has been some "new understanding" on this issue. That in fact they are only "blessed" by God.

When did this change? What happened to the direct line from God to Jesus to the Governing Body to the Elders to the Congregation???

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(D) None of the above.

However, I enjoyed the Colbert-esque way you phrased the question.

Respectfully,

AuldSoul (of the "Thank You Mistress, May I Have Another?" class)

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

alt*whips* AuldSoul for using $10 words.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The WTS answer is convulted as it depends on whether the WTS is attempting to manipulate followers, or put on a good face to the public, as Colbert showed. see http://jwfacts.com/index_files/holyspirit.htm for quotes over the years. A recent one shows that the followers are expected to accept God is actively directing things.

Watchtower 2002 March 15 p. 14 Christ Leads His Congregation

“Our Leader uses this Governing Body to appoint qualified men—whether spirit-anointed or not—as elders in the local congregations. In this regard, the holy spirit, which Jehovah has given Jesus authority to employ, plays a pivotal role. (Acts 2:32, 33) First of all, these overseers must meet the requirements set out in God’s Word, which was inspired by holy spirit. (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 2 Peter 1:20, 21) The recommendations and appointments are made after prayer and under the guidance of the holy spirit . Additionally, the individuals appointed give evidence of producing the fruitage of that spirit. …How reassuring to know that Jesus Christ provides leadership to his disciples today through the Governing Body, the holy spirit, and the angels !”

• free2beme
    free2beme

As a Witness, I felt they were spirit directed.

• sinis
    sinis

That whole blessed by god crap makes me puke. How could god bless a jdub with a car for pioneering, or some other circumstance while his creatures on the other side of the world are starving to death and being raped or killed in civil strife. Does that mean god doesn't bless them? I would think the circumstances in most countries today warrant more attention by god than a jdub being able to pioneer...

• Scully
    Scully
    JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: Inspired, Spirit Directed or Just "Blessed" by God?

Uninspired

Spirit Bumsteered

Ignored by senscient beings (if they know what's good for them)

• Scully
    Scully
    alt *whips* AuldSoul for using $10 words.

He looks like he's having entirely too much fun there.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Neither. Jehovah's Witnesses are nothing more than hemorrhoids in the rectum of mankind - irritating but mostly insignificant.

W

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

None of the above, though I know of quite a few jws who get a little spirit direction on a friday night in some of the local pubs, but not the kind the gb would approve of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit