What do you like to read?

by JH 34 Replies latest jw friends

• lowden
    lowden

Tales of Achievement.

Currently reading 'Race Against Time' The diary of Ellen MacArthurs record shattering single handed round the world tri-maran voyage.

The greatest sportswoman in history...simply no equals to her immense stature.

Lowden

• RR
    RR

Actually I'm reading two items.

1. Embrace Your Jewish Heritage by Kenneth Rawson

2. Life And Religion of Mohammed by J. L. Menezes

• poppers
    poppers

I enjoy reading about real people or events. Right now I am reading Seabisquit and The Life and Times of the Last Kid Picked (hilarious - it's about a kid who grew up in Wisconsion in the 1950s and 60s, just like me).

• DubBeachBabe
    DubBeachBabe

Besides books, especially current Southern African fiction, which are piled high on my bedside pedestals, I'm a bit of a current affairs junkie.

I've had to control it a bit, so...

I subscribe to the Sunday Times. On Sundays I get up before dawn sometimes to retrieve my big fat piece of multi-layered newsprint from underneath my doormat, protected from the weather in its translucent pale pastel plastic and delivered by some unknown angel in the early hours of the morning, full of the latest scoops, scandals, news, business, career and lifestyle articles.

I can happily read it, armed with a wake-up espresso, and then a keep-going filter coffee, and another, until lunchtime.

And always at work the next day there is something I've read that relates directly to a project or a client. In fact, my manager's manager's manager, the CEO and a captain of industry, said the other day that he doesn't know anyone else that reads the Sunday Times from cover to cover.

Does that make me weird ?

• apostawriter
    apostawriter

Hi, I guess with all you readers out there, this is a good place to announce the publication of my novel, Tattoo This Madness In. It's about a gay JW kid who goes on a debauched disfellowshipping rampage. Not to be missed is the ritual demonic Smurf tattooing.

Well, it found a home, and it's available at www.dfmenow.blogspot.com

I just read Lynn Breedlove's Godspeed--gripping fiction.

Daniel

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

We are a well read bunch aren't we!

I like to read horse and vegetarian books and magazines.

I read biblical historical stuff often. Today was reading the Gospel of Mary at the Early Christian Writings site my professor recomended.

Recently finished the updated version of Crisis of Conscience. I really took my time, like a year. I would read a little, ponder, think about how things came to be and why....

I recently read the Narnia series in order. My favorite story.

aaaand today I was a reading a guitar chord book trying to figure out how a complicated chord is played..and I still don't know

• Twitch
    Twitch
    I was a reading a guitar chord book trying to figure out how a complicated chord is played..and I still don't know

Being a bass player and not well versed in theory, it's a bit of a mystery to myself as well. But I can hack out basic chords on guitar and have found barre chords to be a next step in expanding the mental chord "dictionary". Essentially it's taking the basic open chord patterns and scaling it up the neck using the index finger as a virtual "nut" defining the fundamental or root note. Beyond that it gets a little complex,....

Have fun

• Gregor
    Gregor

I'm also a newspaper junkie. Even though it's not good for my bloodpressure I read the lefty Oregonian every morning with my coffee. Then shortly before noon I go to the post office and pick up my mail and Wall Street Journal. I'm not into investing but it is a damn good newspaper.

Mags - The Week, The Economist, Newsweek, Popular Mechanics, Smithsonian, Scientific American, Sunset, This Old House, Cooks Illustrated, Big Jugs.

Books - biographies, history, current events, novels, mysteries and police (Michael Connelly)

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I like reading vampire novels...LA Banks, Anne Rice

I also like reading mystery novels....Mary Higgins Clark, James Patterson, John Grisham, etc.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Anything that takes my mind off of the things that are stressing me out. Currently, that is any one of my paperbacks that I have read a jillion times but still enjoy immensely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit