Elders Are Closing In....

by daniel-p 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Asheron
    Asheron

Tell them you have Bird Flu and must be away for 6 months to be sure you dont spread it. Then buy chickens and let them roam freely on your property to keep the visits down. If all of that fails...plastic surgery and fake your death...or you could tell them what you really believe and live with the results of telling the truth.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

In one of the congregations I attended there was a sister who had a very bad experience in the FS. Though she wasn't physically harmed an opposer verbally abused her. She was so unnerved by the experience that to my knowledge she never participated in FS again.

You could tell the elders that you had a similar experience and that you would prefer not to engage in FS for a while. This might get you off the hook.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Tell them your a Jedi Master

LOL. That is quite funny! I agree with everyone else - depressions a good one. Loads of JW;s really are depressed so its not a difficult line to swallow. I have a friend whose a dub but suffers from the ole black dog, and when hes really down he misses 6 months meetings and ministry at a time. They just give him a wide berth cos no-one knows how to deal with it. Or tell them nothings the matter, you just have a lot of personal issues to deal with right now. If they press you for details, just keep repeating 'personal issues. I cant talk about it'. Play broken record until they realise your not gonna spill your guts to them. Say ' I really appreciate your concern. I can assure you I am relying on Jehovah right now' etc etc Good luck with whatever you tell em.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    IP_SEC: Take it on the chin and then you never have to look over your shoulder and worry about it again. Fading is the hard choice in the long run IMO. Fading can be awaste time that could be spent living. Get on and live life on your terms. You strike me as the kind of person that could do it. Im not down on faders if thats what they really want.

"There is no means of testing which decision is better, because there is no basis for comparison. We live everything as it comes, without warning, like an actor going on cold. And what can life be worth if the first rehearsal for life is life itself? That is why life is always like a sketch. No, "sketch" is not quite the word, because a sketch is an outline of something, the groundwork for a picture, whereas the sketch that is our life is a sketch for nothing, an outline with no picture.

Einmal ist Keinmal. What happens but once, says the German adage, might as well not have happened at all. If we have only one life to live, we might as well not have lived at all."

-Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being

I just see cutting a clear line in the sand as the simplest, easiest, most logical approach...

Me too, but one that would harm the most individuals.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Why not go into the Witness Protection Program?

• LuciousJ
    LuciousJ

I swear....you make me laugh EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Worldly_Andre that was for you!

• Mary
    Mary
    Tell them you have Bird Flu and must be away for 6 months to be sure you dont spread it. Then buy chickens and let them roam freely on your property to keep the visits down. If all of that fails...plastic surgery and fake your death...

LMAO!! I love it!!

Like others here, either tell them you're depressed and are seeing smurfs run around your bedroom at night, or that someone in the congregation has stumbled you.........they'll bug you for a bit but eventually, they should back off.

One thing most Witnesses forget is that we live in a Free Country. You are under no obligation to meet with these turkeys.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

When I stopped associating, I hadn't come here or anywhere online at that time, all i knew was that for me personally it made me unhappy to attend. I had feelings of guilt and not being worthy, i'd seen the lack of love and the politics of the congregation, I knew there was no paradise in the bible and that it was written for the anointed (NT). So I called in my book study overseer and said I am no longer attending as I dont agree with some of the teachings, and that he'd have to move the group from my house and re-asign a reader. Dont get me wrong I still felt they had some power over me at that time, but I couldnt put myself through it any longer.

I was left alone and still associated with those I wanted, until they had something to DF me on 8 months later, even though I had moved away and was not known as a brother. So what i'm saying is that some bodies of elders will let things go as long as you dont stir it up. I didnt really care what happened as I had had enough of it all.

CS 101

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Tough call. It should depend on how strong your marriage is, and how strong your own convictions are. Some people find the 'fade' a great way to disappear, and others find that in their circumstances they can't handle the compromise. If I was given the choice again though, I don't think I'd much care. I only lost a whole lot of fake, conditional love. Now that I know that about all the people who I thought I could rely on, I don't miss their presence in my life. Whether I faded and they only very subtly and cautiously pushed me out of their life, or if I disassociated and they made their silly brutal point about it, it still ends up the same way; they're gone. I guess the second choice is only more favourable because its' the one I have control over.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

... but in the meantime, just buy time by being Mr Invisible. Don't push their buttons /set off their alarms /get on their wrong side just for fun, because that will totally change the game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit