Automatic Re-instatement?

by BritBoy 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

there is no automatic reïnstatement.

someone here was df-ed, for immorality, but he did not do anything. It was a set up by the elders, who did not like him. Two years later, the elders misused some of the kh's money. They were df-ed and it came to light that the eprson was df-ed for nothing at all.
    Still there was no automatic re-instatement because the eprson had no remorse (which is difficult if you did not do something wrong).

how's that?

• undercover
    undercover

I think that scenerio has been brought up in the publications before (where's Blondie when you need her?)

For instance...If you were DFd for apostacy because you didn't believe in the generation teaching but then the generation teaching was changed and now reflected what you beleived all along, you don't get a "get out of jail free" card because you were running ahead of the organization. Jehovah operates through the organization, not you or me individually. So because of your persumptousness, you deserved your punishment, even if you were right.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    So, twenty years ago, [within the marriage arrangements] blow job = disfellowshipping...now it's a" matter of conscience."

If you have the article on that I would like to see it. The Society will never apologise for any of their lies.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Imagine all the people who ate MEAT on Fridays in the Catholic church and caught hell for it? And then they went and banned that rediculous no meat on Friday crap.

You broke the law when the law was in place. So there is no forgiveness later if the law is abolished. Its like the Society celebrating Christmas when Jesus CHOSE them in 1918. Nobody was DFd in the Society for having celebrated it to begin with after they found out it was EVIL. What about all those smokers who were given NOTICE that they had X number of days to QUIT smoking because the JWs were now banning that? What about those who had jobs carrying weapons like guards and were told they had to FIND NEW JOBS because Jehovah decided they couldnt carry weapons now? And those who had jobs working anywhere around or in CHURCHES even if all they did was change light bulbs or clean toilets?

Its always been a SIN to be a part of the United Nations...so apparently those who joined the UN on the behalf of the Society for those 10 years are immune.

• Scully
    Scully

Well, I know an Elder™ who believes that there's no such thing as a disfellowshipping offense. There are morally wrong behaviours, however it is not these behaviours that results in disfellowshipping. It is being Unrepentant™ regarding these behaviours that causes one to be disfellowshipped, and that is subject to the Elders™ interpretation.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

You know what I was just thinking I know of ONE case where this happened! We had an elder get dfed. This guy was old school elder in NY kind of like watchtower royalty always on the assemblies always over in wallkill or down in Brooklyn a big shot. He got dfed by a wildcard CO! This CO was crazy and I don't mean a little bit crazy he was INSANE but lots of fools up here in upstate NY loved him! He would come through and give talks and afterwards people would throw away hundreds even thousands of dollars worth of tapes Cd's movies pictures etc!

People would be bragging in service "I through away 10 Cd's after brother Crana******s talk" "well I through away 20" etc... It was revolting to me even at 14-15. Anyway this guy dfed this elder. The elder was out for about 2 years then one Thursday a buncha Brooklyn suits (cheap suits) showed up and said "it was a mistake brother Y is not reinstated as he should never have been dfed it was a mistake he's back he never left dont' ever talk about this but it was all in error!"

The CO was removed and the old elder was back... Well he never left right?! Any memories you may have are in error!

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

I asked my mom about this concerning the changes about blood and blood fractions. She said that after people were df'd for that, if they made no attempt to be reinstated, they fell out of Jehovah's favor. Since, they had no favor, they would do other things that were reasons for disfellowshipping so it all equaled out. I think my mom and the other JW's think that once you are out, you go silly with sex, drugs, alcohol, etc.

• grey matters
    grey matters
    how, HOW did I fall for this crap for so long?

I ask myself this question every day!

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I guess the question remains then, as a fellow poster used to always state, how can you show repentence or unrepentence for something that was never a sin to begin with?

• freetosee
    freetosee

Here is some of Karl Klein's experience:

The President of the Bible Students at the time was “Judge” Joseph Rutherford. The Bible Students of that era were permitted to accept being drafted into the Army for non-combatant military service, as they had done under their first President, Charles Taze Russell. Karl wrote that there were

some Bible Students “who saw the issue clearly, took offense, and separated themselves from the Bible Students.” These “Standfasters,” as they called themselves, believed that non-combatant service was every bit as bad as regular military service.

They warned Karl that, if he stayed with the Bible Students, he would fall out of favor with God and lose out on being one of the “little flock” of anointed followers. (A very BAD thing, for those of you who are unaware of what that means.) Karl agreed with the Standfasters’ position but wrote that his mother “helped me to make the right decision.” So Karl stood loyally with the leadership of the Bible Students, even though he had become convicted that the Society’s teaching was

wrong about this very crucial issue. He would not join with the Standfasters, whom he believed were theologically and morally right! “I could not see myself leaving those from whom I had learned so much, and I therefore decided to take my chances with my Bible Student brothers. It really was a test of loyalty.” Karl Klein gives us a fine example of misplaced loyalty . His loyalty was to his religious organization rather than to what he believed was right . His “brothers” had become his god. Of course, in time the Society’s leadership came to believe that the Standfasters view was the correct one — though they certainly made no acknowledgment/apology to the now “apostate” Standfasters — and threw out of the organization anyone who did not comply with the new organizational prohibitions against alternative service!

http://www.midwestoutreach.org/Pdf%20Journals/1998/98marapril.pdf page 3

Or in his own words:

Governing body member Karl Klein, in his life story which was published in the October 1, 1984 Watchtower (page 22), put it this way:

Shortly after my baptism in 1918, my loyalty to fellow Bible Students was put to the test. World War I was raging, and even though the most prominent brothers had been unjustly imprisoned over the war issue, the need for Christian neutrality was not fully appreciated by those then taking the lead. A few who saw the issue clearly took offense and separated themselves from the Bible Students, calling themselves Standfasters. They warned me that if I stayed with the Bible Students I would lose out on being of the "little flock" of Jesus' anointed followers. (Luke 12:32) Mother, though not yet dedicated, helped me to make the right decision. I could not see myself leaving those from whom I had learned so much, and I therefore decided to take my chances with my Bible Student brothers. It really was a test of loyalty. Since then, I have observed many similar tests of loyalty. When mistakes are made, those not wholly loyal at heart seem to pounce upon them as an excuse for quitting. - Compare Psalm 119:165

http://www.docbob.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=10

Is Loyalty more important than truth?

fts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit