Automatic Re-instatement?

by BritBoy 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Does anyone out there know the answer this one....

Ok, take for example the Oral Sex thread and the fact that the dubs reversed their thinking on this. So, twenty years ago (within the marriage arrangements) blow job = disfellowshipping... now it's a "matter of conscience". Do those who were disfellowshipped for this under the OLD light get automatically re-instated in view of the NEW light? I am sure there are other examples. Just interested really on how the Borg deals with these reversals of laws and the IMMENSE impact they have had on the folk in the past! I mean do they write and apologise? How do they explain themselves that Jehovah has allowed them to be "guided by the holy spirit" to carry out their disfellowshipping only to be guided by THE SAME holy spirit to change their minds on the matter?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Brit xx

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

it doesn't work like that. read CoC for more insight but nah, thats just not how they get down. you stepped ahead of jehovahs celestial pinto so no soup for you.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No cause you were running ahead of jehover's busted a$$ chariot!

• BritBoy
    BritBoy
    it doesn't work like that. read CoC for more insight but nah, thats just not how they get down. you stepped ahead of jehovahs celestial pinto so no soup for you.

Damn and blast. I was so looking forward to that soup. Was it carrot & corriander by any chance?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No automatic reinstatements. Disobedience to the society is a disfellowshipping offense, even if the society is wrong and reverses it's position at some point in time. Such disobedience is evidence of a rebellious spirit. Blind obedience is required. Truth means nothing.

W

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

No, there isn't a reversal for being reinstated unless you actively write to the society from what I understand. I asked my Dub father (he's a MS.) and the thinking is that the person had to "wait on J" even if you felt the teachings were "wrong". He explained that at the time it is right but because "new light" that is the time to change. I know, it's a bit confusing. But the main thing the told me is even if you think a teaching is wrong you still have to wait on "J". But if you do something against what they teach (even if the teaching is wrong), you did wrong for not waiting. Something like that.

Froggie

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

No automatic reinstatements. Disobedience to the society is a disfellowshipping offense, even if the society is wrong and reverses it's position at some point in time. Such disobedience is evidence of a rebellious spirit. Blind obedience is required. Truth means nothing.

W

God. That's just too scary... how, HOW did I fall for this crap for so long? How did I manage to get into Bethel and GENUINELY believe it was the truth??????

• forsharry
    forsharry

Just Lucky, I guess. ;)

and the light just gets brighter and brighter, till you burn your retinas out.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

You know I think I must have just blocked all this out of my mind! I mean on some layer I KNEW that this was the belief but on the other hand I don't remember ever actively thinking about or really BELIEVEING this... Does that make since at all?

I think many witnesses are like that...

• garybuss
    garybuss

All a disfellowshipping is, is loss of a peddler's license. The Watch Tower Publishing Corporation issues a right (license) to peddle their products door to door. They control that by limiting access to their mass produced items for sale. Recognition for approved (social) association is closely tied to those who hold the peddler's license.
    This is just a manufacturing company with a multi-level-marketing distribution system that registered as a "religion" in the 1950's to keep their tax exempt status. They're no more a religion than Fuller Brush Co or any other door to door soliciting sales company.
    Their shunning policy is just to keep former disgruntled employees from disturbing their current sales force.
    The publishing company is actually very clever, instead of paying wages or a sales commission, they offer a deal with God as self appointed God's agents. The deal they offer as payment, is immortality in paradise. That's gotta be the best deal in town. Work for them all your life for free and you never die. The problem in the past is, nobody has collected on the promise. They all died!
    The publishers have that covered too. They just say, IF you die before you collect the reward, we'll offer you another deal, re-creation in a perfect replica body . . . in paradise.
    The only surprise at all about this set up, for me, is that they have anybody at all buying their terms to be an unpaid literature distributor for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit