WAS DISHONESTY A PROBLEM IN YOUR CONGREGATION?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• Highlander
    Highlander

Yep.

Saw everything from multilevel marketing schemes(pyramid schemes) to unreported child molestors.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

only amongst the elders

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Not unless you consider denial a form of personal dishonesty... then yes.

"Happiest People on Earth" my patootie...

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hey Badboy,

Why are you always shouting? You don't have to use capitals all the time!

Ian

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Dishonesty? Yes, every time a time slip was filled out. Please, there was no way the elders was getting in their 10hrs doing just Saturday. Service meeting at 9. Service meeting ends at 9:20. Get out the door of KH at 9:35. Drive to another parking lot 9:45. Wait for the slow drivers to arrive 9:50. Drive to the territory 9:55. Spend the next hour knocking on doors 10:55. Break time 11:00 -11:30. Return visits 11:30 - 12:00. End of service 12:01.

Repeat 4 times monthly.

Claim 10 hours of field service.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

And there was a time in service where the Elder's wife insisted at stopping at every person's Garage Sale to see if any clothes they was selling would fit.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I am with you Hawk, service time was a great way for most JW's to be dishonest. You know the old story well lets stop at 11:45 we started at 9 so lets see that is 3 hours, blimey it is only 2hr 45 min. but it never failed lets just round it off at the hour.

One sister would have me pick her up a 8am, she was never ready ever, so while getting herself all dolled up she made a call to some return visit, then she said okay Terry our time has started, I was flaberghast. One call and it was like nearly 10 oclock before we would actually get to a call or service. And her husband was the PO.

I know of a brother who was literature servant and he would keep the cash box and he would take money from the box and put in an IOU. generally by the next meeting the money was returned or it was sometimes 2 weeks and so you say, gee orangefatcat how did you know? Well he was my ex husband.

He never got caught either.

My uncle was an elder in a small ontario town and the cong. was having alot of problems and so my uncle said I feel Jehovah's Spirit isn't working in our hall, something must be wrong, he blamed everyone for the terrible problems in the hall. I mean he never once owned up to the fact that he was sexually molesting my two beautiful cousins. What a pig. He has a wonderful wife 2 kids and a lovely home, and yet he was an animal. A real wolf in sheeps clothing. But he got his just deserts, he went to prison. They should have thrown away the key to his cell. Bastard.

well that is all the news I have to share this morning during the day I am sure things will pop into my head. So everyone have a great day.

all my love

Orangefatcat

• Honesty
    Honesty

No, it wasn't a problem.

It was expected.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Remember handing out a tract on the way into the diner? Time started...

And forget about working in anyones house for a side job. (landscaping, general repairs, etc.) That never went smooth. I've never heard "We never agreed on that" or "something JUST hapened can I pay you next whenever?" so many times in my life.

And the kicker is the elder my dad used to go pick up from the bar because he was too wasted and get him home so he'll be rested for the next day's talk. (Numerous occasions) I was a kid at the time so it was like whatever.. Now it's like waaaaa?!

I'll have to say to be fair, this elder I'm speaking of was very nice to me and seemed a great guy. I'm not knocking him. Without the elder tag he did nothing wrong. Just another mislead person.

All of us are dishonest sometimes. It's natural as humans. It is only when you claim divinity and preach the contrary that it turns ugly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit