Keith Reddin's "Brutality of Fact" playing in NYC on Jehovah's Witnesses

by Dogpatch 31 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Too bad this play couldn't come to Wichita. I would see it. Perhaps a movie can happen if the play is successful.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Note: when I said I was going to pick up 5 tickets, it is for a group that is not on this forum, just some friends who left the Jdubs. Those on the forum need to pick up their own tickets. If anyone is free that evening and is in NY area, join us.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Oh, one more thing, lonelysheep asked me we can all sit together? The answer is yes, it is open seating so we can sit together. Also you can purchase your ticket via credit card and pick it up the night of the play. Just make sure you bring your credit card so they can identify you.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Won't be in the city that night, but wish you all a great evening!
    S4

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

bttt

Seeker4, sorry I have no place for you to sleep.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Well just got back from the play and it was a interesting, telling the hard luck story of a family of women who experienced a lot of death and hardship in their family. The jdub in the play was cast sort of like a born-again jdub which was a little inaccurate but they got the arrogances correct and also the idealistic boyfriend who came across like a bethelite. Interestingly, it ended badly for the jdub woman in the play, you could see that she was starting to question her faith, question the hard stance of her soon to be husband, the bad effects the extreme religious view was having toward her 10 year old daughter and the bad results that followed after the marriage. It reminded me of some of the marriages that went bad in the bOrg. So many witnesses have such a naive view of marriage and they think putting the organization advice first in their marriage will save it. I felt bad for the jdub woman in the play, but I did enjoy the play overall. I think many on this forum would likewise enjoy this play.

There were five who came, and we went out to a really nice restaurant afterward (Seven, located on 350 7th ave btwn 29th and 30th, which was right around the corner). We discussed the play and then our experiences with the bOrg. It was a great evening.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi carp,

Thanks for the review.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I was there! I enjoyed the play, and could identify with how she felt at the very end.

Due to construction traffic, I arrived just before 8:00, and missed meeting you out front.

I did manage to get a good seat in the third row (fortunately, I paid for my tickets early in the week or I would've been out, as they were over-booked). So, if you happened to see a woman in a bright red long sleeved shirt and dark blue jeans w/blonde-brown hair, that was me.

• badboy
    badboy

IT GOOD TO HEAR THAT THERE IS A PLAY ON JWS,HOW ABOUT A FILM?

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Hey Lonely sheep, sorry we missed you. I was standing outside bedside the JWD sign until about 7:50pm and then I went to join the group. We were about 4 rows from the back. I was suprised how small the theatre was, maybe 80 seats total. Perhaps we will meet when AudeSapere visits NJ next month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit