Disassociate Ones Are Apostates.Watchtower Quote

by ThomasCovenant 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hello

Didn't realize the actual link before

Watchtower '85 15th July page 31 Questions from Readers

Aid to Bible Understanding shows that the word “apostasy” comes from a Greek word that literally means “‘a standing away from’ but has the sense of ‘desertion, abandonment or rebellion.’” The Aid book adds: “Among the varied causes of apostasy set forth in apostolic warnings were: lack of faith (Heb. 3:12), lack of endurance in the face of persecution (Heb. 10:32-39), abandonment of right moral standards (2 Pet. 2:15-22), the heeding of the ‘counterfeit words’ of false teachers and ‘misleading inspired utterances’ ( . . . 1 Tim. 4:1-3) . . . Such ones willfully abandoning the Christian congregation thereby become part of the ‘antichrist.’ (1 John 2:18, 19)”

A person who had willfully and formally disassociated himself from the congregation would have matched that description. By deliberately repudiating God’s congregation and by renouncing the Christian way, he would have made himself an apostate. A loyal Christian would not have wanted to fellowship with an apostate. Even if they had been friends, when someone repudiated the congregation, apostatizing, he rejected the basis for closeness to the brothers. John made it clear that he himself would not have in his home someone who ‘did not have God’ and who was “not of our sort.”

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

In the Watchtower world, all who leave the org, including those who are df'd are apostates. Though they do make a distinction between the garden variety df'd/da'd person and those whoooo actively 'cause divisions.'

• forsharry
    forsharry

well it's either for or against, isn't it?

I should send that article to my mom...it would make her cry. She disassociated herself after her husband was wrongfully disfellowshipped. To this day she still believes in the Truth TM but is no longer interested in going to the kingdom hall and getting back in with the Org.

muahahaha

Blaspha-ME, blaspha-YOU, blaspha-EVERYBODY IN THE ROOM!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Apostate is word-play by the fear mongers of the Watchtower elders.

A lot of people try to minimize the pscho-damage by quietly "disassociating themselves". You would think the elders would be grateful for saving them the trouble of having an active dissenter who causes trouble, forces many JC meetings, etc.

Not so - they still can't help labelling you with as bad a language as they can find - "apostate" seems like the ultimate poison pill. The scarlet letter "A" - worse than getting disfellowshipped for a barnyard unnatural act!!!

Not that these head games much matter to us true and seasoned Apostates - we are having too much fun at our Apostafests, cooking Apostadogs and Apostaburgers, driving our ApostaRods, etc...

Hester Prynn got to her judicial committee in much the same way, through her superior seamstress ability. Pretty soon all the village ladies secretly sought her out so as to be in real "Apostate - Adulteress" style - at least according to Nathaniel Hawthorne.

Funny how these things work out.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Such ones willfully abandoning the Christian congregation thereby become part of the ‘antichrist.’ (1 John 2:18, 19)”

I doubt the early Christians felt this way - they would have viewed one as 'antichrist' only if they denied Christ and Christianity wouldn't they?

I know many on this board who are viewed by witnesses as 'apostate' - including myself - who have done no such thing. They, as the scripture so aptly states ' are twisting scripture to thier own destruction'. Thier self deluding thinking was initiated by Rutherford while he sipped a glass of claret during prohibition. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Jeff

• heathen
    heathen
    the heeding of the ‘counterfeit words’ of false teachers and ‘misleading inspired utterances’

Geee I wonder who this sounds like here ............ If they were right everytime then how come the "new light" keeps coming ?

• Johnny
    Johnny

This is typical WT clever twisting tactics.

What they state is true, "A person who had willfully and formally disassociated himself from the congregation would have matched that description. By deliberately repudiating God’s congregation and by renouncing the Christian way, he would have made himself an apostate."

What they IMPLY (but don't directly say) is NOT true, "If one leaves the WT he/she is apostacizing."

Because "God’s congregation" or the "Christian congregation" means the "Church" NOT any man-made religious organization. And the vast majority of "Witnesses" do NOT claim to be part of the Church (Body of Christ, "anointed") anyway!! In other words, if a Christian (one who has accepted Christ, to be amember of his Body) were to then REJECT CHRIST (NOT an organization), that one would be apostocizing from Christ. This does not apply to one leaving this organization. Period!

The is where the NWT is a very useful tool for the Society, in the way it transaltes certain words and phrases. Though not technically wrong certain words and phrases can now be misinterpreted to imply different things that what they wree intended.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

So, I was Catholic and then joined the JW cult. Then I DA'd. Does that mean I apostacized from my apostate ways? Kinda like 2 wrongs making a right?

W

• garybuss
    garybuss

Repudiate
    1. To reject the validity or authority of:
    2. To reject emphatically as unfounded, untrue, or unjust:

• headmath
    headmath

Is that right, well, the WTS really put there foot in that one. I always thought apostates were actively teaching doctrine that does not agree with WTS doctrine. I guess the bible students that left in the great exodus of 1925-1927 (about 70 thousand of them) were all apostates!!. No Rutherford was THE apostate and a false prophet because he lied about 1925. Imagine the flagrant attitude of the WTS to brand all those who left the borg as apostates. Now THAT is apostate!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit